Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Some insights.

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2015, 10:24 PM
mtnrat
Drifting

Received 549 Likes on 346 Posts

Just to update on the valve body. I called revmax and spoke to Tom. Since mine is an 06 he needed to know the number on the valve body. I went out and dropped the pan and saw that I had a later A7 valve body. Called Tom back and they did not have any of the later ones in stock. Waiting for a core to be sent back. So two days later Tom calls me and I have them ship it out as soon as it is rebuilt. I picked it up today and installed it. PERFECT++++. I am one happy camper. Great service and a good product. I recommend them for sure. I was going to try the TransGo kit, but after hearing of others having good luck with revmax decided not to chance it.
Old 03-17-2015, 03:38 PM
porschefan931
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Glad to see it sorted your issue. Is it an easy DIY, without a lift. Did you have to swap the pressure switches over?

I know mine has had a replacement but it also has 270,000 km's on it, so may need another one in the future.
Old 04-01-2015, 06:40 PM
mtnrat
Drifting

There was enough room to do the valve body by driving up on 2x8 pieces and raising the suspension to the highest setting. Pretty easy DIY. I didn't have to swap anything over except a bolt and clamp for a sensor.

For an update, I have preemptively put in metal coolant Ts, and new aluminum coolant pipes. I also put a metal T in the vacuum line at the back of the engine. I changed the front and read diff oils and the transfer case oil. The brake fluid had been changed recently, so I now have all new fluids.
Old 06-19-2015, 06:34 PM
mtnrat
Drifting

I have put about 6000 miles on my CTTS so far. All has been great except for a slight couple of hesitations when pulling hard from 50-90mph. If I hadn't owned a CTT previously I may not have noticed. No codes showing. They updated the DMI and the tiptronic (TCU). It now pulls strong and hard through all the gears. Figured the TCU needed programming to go with the new valve body. On a side note the mechanic told the service manager my car was in primo condition.

Quick Reply: Some insights.