Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

H&R Sport Springs

Fixes all!
Old 03-01-2015, 09:34 PM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

Received 1,055 Likes on 669 Posts

Ha!! I totally agree {Fastbikes76}, and do the same thing - parking my '12 CTT at loading height. Is that wrong of us?

Before buying, I test drove a '11 CTT with the H&R Lowering module, and found that it had a slow elongated "70's Cadillac Bounce" when driving at highway speed (CTT set at normal level, but H&R tricks it & thus actually lower). I guess I could have (at that highway moment) raised the system to one notch higher to see if it would have corrected the bounce. But did not try it. Plus I was in&out of Sport mode, so not sure if it would have allowed the height correction. I'm only into this '12 for a month now, so still pouring through the manuals & trying things out.

Would love to hear if folks are lowering, what all the pros & cons are....
Thnx
Old 03-02-2015, 12:51 AM
Shannon123
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bweSteve
Ha!! I totally agree {Fastbikes76}, and do the same thing - parking my '12 CTT at loading height. Is that wrong of us?

Before buying, I test drove a '11 CTT with the H&R Lowering module, and found that it had a slow elongated "70's Cadillac Bounce" when driving at highway speed (CTT set at normal level, but H&R tricks it & thus actually lower). I guess I could have (at that highway moment) raised the system to one notch higher to see if it would have corrected the bounce. But did not try it. Plus I was in&out of Sport mode, so not sure if it would have allowed the height correction. I'm only into this '12 for a month now, so still pouring through the manuals & trying things out.

Would love to hear if folks are lowering, what all the pros & cons are....
Thnx
At speeds......I think the lowering becomes 'automatic'

From Cayenne imanual 2013-2014 models.....not sure about other models, but i think 955 has something similar as well https://www.lufteknic.com/info/955info.html
Low level
This level is intended for high-speed driving. From a speed of approx. 100 mph (160 km/h) the vehicle is automatically lowered by around 0.87 in. (22 mm) (front axle) and 0.98 in. (25 mm) (rear axle) compared with normal level.

The vehicle is also automatically lowered if it exceeds 85 mph (138 km/h) for at least 10 seconds.

The vehicle is automatically raised to normal level if the speed drops to less than approx. 50 mph (80 km/h) for around 10 seconds, or less than approx. 25 mph (40 km/h)

Quick Reply: Cayenne - acheiving aggresive stance