Sponsored by:

Cayenne Men / Women

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2015, 10:22 AM
Shannon123
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Cayenne Men / Women

So...I was up at my brothers place in Southlake Texas a couple weeks ago......I'm driving around and see more Cayennes in one day than I've seen in North Houston in 7 years.

At least 95% of the drivers were women.....on the other hand, 95% of the Cayennes I saw were not Turbos either. Nonetheless, I was a bit shocked at the number of women driving these.

Is this normal ratio of women / men driving these machines ? Or was this a one day anomaly and perhaps 'town specific' ?
Old 02-22-2015, 10:56 AM
gnat
Nordschleife Master

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

All SUVs are primarily driven by women and the Cayenne is no different. Enthusiasts (eg those that post on boards), on the other hand, tend to be men. Enthusiasts typically. Make up a small fraction of the owners, so while you might get the impression from here that it is mainly men driving them, it's not.

In the DC area about 1 out of 10 Cayennes I see has a guy driving. Most commonly they are in turbos, but interestingly most of the GTSs I see are driven by women.
Old 02-22-2015, 01:52 PM
endless_corners
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Well I know for a fact gender is skewed heavily towards sausage party on this forum.
Old 02-22-2015, 03:16 PM
Andy E.
The V8 Porschephile
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Interesting observation as I'm sure that the Range Rover Sport can also be included in this equation.
Old 02-22-2015, 06:23 PM
kalyan
Burning Brakes

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Our Cayenne S is my wifes vehicle. I see a lot of them driven by women here.
Old 02-23-2015, 03:36 PM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Received 1,485 Likes on 934 Posts

Our Cayenne S was my wife's daily driver until we sold it and bought her an Audi SQ5...
Old 02-23-2015, 07:04 PM
Travis
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Our CS is the designated road trip vehicle. I was thinking I'd be driving more, however, my wife ends up behind the wheel more often than not.

Not that I'm complaining, she was not a fan of the truck at first, but once she started to enjoy driving it, she's usually out the door first with her key in the left hand ready to go.

As far as other Cayenne drivers in our area, haven't paid much attention since there's so many out on the road at any given time.
Old 02-23-2015, 09:40 PM
Cole
Drifting

Wink

Honesty, I only see women when I drive
Old 02-23-2015, 10:20 PM
Shannon123
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Cole
Honesty, I only see women when I drive
You win, the quote of the day....

Old 02-23-2015, 10:33 PM
Cole
Drifting

Originally Posted by Shannon123
You win, the quote of the day....

I would image that the time of day and where you are looking may make a huge difference.

Most of the women I see driving them either look retired or have car seats in the back which may indicate a stay at home mom.

Either way, those will dominate the daytime traffic landscape.

Most of the men I know that own these work a more typical 9-5 type job. So you may only see those cars during rush hour traffic.

Not by any means suggesting that fits "all" the women or "all" the men driving them. But it would account for a lot of what you may see.
Old 02-24-2015, 12:18 PM
touareg
Drifting

Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts

I hardly notice any cayennes around here, if I do see them they are the 958s, almost no 955/957s Strange for the Boston area, but yeah other than weekends, I am just driving during rush hour. When I do see others, seems to be either retired type folks, or women.

Most SUVs around here are of the Japanese variety.

My wife keeps telling me my Turbo S is a ladies/ old fart car.

Speaking of ladies in cars, I like to see that more woman are into the newer dodge challengers and ford mustangs, I think that is cool. I do hate that most of my hobbies are male centric, I enjoy hanging out with the opposite sex.
Old 02-24-2015, 01:13 PM
5thlilpiggy
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My wife staged a mostly-peaceful takeover of the CTT not long after we got it.

When we met over 15 years ago, she was perfectly content with Hondas. Especially her beloved CRX.

Now that my DIY-ing has made fun European things affordable, she says ****e like, "I dont think I can drive anything but a Porsche, Audi, or Rover anymore."

Right now, I drive a first-gen CRV.

I think Im doing it wrong...
Old 02-24-2015, 03:35 PM
jpru2001
Pro

Received 126 Likes on 93 Posts

My wife has tried to take over our CS, but I am stonewalling her.

She used to have a Camry that her dad bought for her when she graduated college. One day she hit a pot hole and did $2,100 worth of damage to it. I drove it for a while so I could take it in to shop, try to fix it myself, etc. In the meantime, she started driving my Yukon. Well guess what happened when Camry was fixed and I tried to trade back...."Honey I feel so much safer in the big SUV than in the Camry". I said "OK, well, at some point soon you are going to come home one day and the Camry will be gone and there will be a Porsche sitting in the driveway." She said "But my dad bought me that Camry, it is sentimental"...I said "You are only controlling one of our two cars, choose the Yukon or the Camry"...She chose Yukon. I drove the Camry for a year waiting on the right deal. Found the deal, bought the Cayenne, sold the Camry.

She takes one spin in the Cayenne and now wants to give me the Yukon back. Which I understand, because the Yukon drives like a loosey goosey schoolbus campared to the Cayenne.

No dice. I told her in 2 years we'll just buy her another Cayenne.

So now I am trying to figure out how to buy a turbo and give her the S.
Old 02-24-2015, 03:49 PM
TODD LERFONDLER
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jpru2001

She takes one spin in the Cayenne and now wants to give me the Yukon back. Which I understand, because the Yukon drives like a loosey goosey schoolbus campared to the Cayenne.

No dice. I told her in 2 years we'll just buy her another Cayenne.

So now I am trying to figure out how to buy a turbo and give her the S.
But then she'll just want the turbo.
Old 02-24-2015, 03:52 PM
jpru2001
Pro

Received 126 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by TODD LERFONDLER
But then she'll just want the turbo.
I know, and frankly she drives alot faster than I do...thats what I am trying to figure out....

Quick Reply: Cayenne Men / Women