Sponsored by:

New Cayenne Owner!

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2003, 10:02 AM
Glenn Northrop
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile New Cayenne Owner!

Just picked up a Lapis blue/Havana beige Cayenne S. Very impressed so far. Seems to get as much attention as my TT Quattro did in 2000...allot of pointing, and "what is it" from the crowds.

I'll post some driving impressions in a couple of weeks. I'm moving from Seattle, WA to Kalamazoo, MI...and will be loading my pup Reilly into the back and heading for yonder.

So far, the only perplexing feature is the elusive Porsche "Entry and Drive" option....still getting the hang of it. Was totally perplexed when I handed the vehicle over to a Valet last evening...Do I take the plastic key? Leave him the coded key and spend 10 minutes explaining how it works?

More to come.
Old 08-09-2003, 01:25 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Welcome to the group Glenn, please give us your impressions over the next few weeks. Good Luck !
Old 08-10-2003, 03:24 AM
Targa Tim
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 32 Posts

Way to go, Glenn.
I will not trust the Valet with my Cayenne anyway, so I will just use the 10 minutes to park it myself.
Old 08-10-2003, 11:29 PM
Glenn Northrop
Track Day

Default Valet

There is only one Valet in town that I trust, and they have parked my Porsches for quite a while. It does make me nervous, but they are mature, profession, and give me "rock star" positions just feet from where I dropped it off. Beside, I grew up in suburban Detroit where I parked cars at the local Country Club, plus John DeLoreans private parties...so I try to give the valet's a break..and a good tip. But most valets scare me...and I do park it myself when I don't feel comfortable. Door dings are worse than old age.
Old 08-11-2003, 09:20 AM
rijk365gtb4
Advanced

I live in Manhattan, valet parking is part of life here. I do not use the plastic key, so there is no explaining to do. Also, when you park on the street, leaving in the plastic key might invite car thieves to break your window and try to drive off.

Quick Reply: New Cayenne Owner!