Sponsored by:

fabspeed needs to step it up

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2014, 09:29 AM
westy66
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default fabspeed needs to step it up

Between my aircooled vw's, porsches and turbo subarus ive owned I have ordered parts online at least 200 times, from all over the world. I have never experienced what happened this week from fabspeed.

I ordered the rear cat bypass pipes online last thursday evening. By Friday I had received my confirmation emails and a FedEx tracking number stating my order was in route with a delivery date of Tuesday, June 24th. So far so good, just like any order we've ever placed. I wasnt sure if id beat the FedEx guy home so I put a note in the front door to leave the package. Tuesday comes and goes with no package and no email??? My tracking Information was updated with an 'unknown' delivery date. Wednesday comes and I wait and wait for the FedEx guy again. About 4:15 I get a message to call Fabspeed to 'discuss' my order. Hmmm....

after calling a very polite Evan I was told the parts are quite popular and are in production and it would be 3 to 5 weeks. Hahahahaha. What?! Isnt this 2014? How the heck does an order get processed, my paypal get charged, a confirmation email sent, an order shipped notification and a tracking number assigned, I wait almost 6 days and THEN they tell me the part doesnt even exist?

Rediculous!
Old 06-26-2014, 06:25 PM
Andy E.
The V8 Porschephile
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

These things sometimes happen, especially in manufacturing. Gone are the days of bulging inventories & overstock, overstaffed/underworked employees & fat profits. Welcome JIT manufacturing, zero inventory, shortstaffed/overworked employees & just enough money at the end of the year to pay the bills.

As I have no affiliation to Fabspeed, I do know that they're a serious & committed company that's been around long enough to not conduct bad business. They're also sponsors of Rennlist. I understand your frustration as this obviously was an error on their part, however I'm sure that they'll gladly refund you should you choose to go this route.
Old 06-26-2014, 07:04 PM
snappy
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I believe its actually illegal to process payment if an item is not available to ship.
They should have refunded you the second they knew it was unavailable and it should not have take them a phone call from you to realize that.

I agree, I also working the service industry and this is not proper customer service. and yes I have bought a few things from them before and had a smooth transaction. Make it right Fabspeed
Old 07-01-2014, 05:20 PM
Warehouser
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a set for sale for a 958 in the Marketplace.
Old 07-01-2014, 05:30 PM
Divot
Much missed
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

This is weird.

You can get a tracking number by going to the website and filling out some info. You don't need a physical package to print out a shipping label. FedEx assumes the package will be there and estimates delivery time with the first e-mail.

My only experience with Fabspeed was good. Hope they make things right for you.
Old 07-01-2014, 10:27 PM
chsu74
Rennlist Member

Received 314 Likes on 262 Posts

Cash flow problems?
Old 07-01-2014, 10:36 PM
User 040621
Drifting

Received 96 Likes on 49 Posts

Likely an inventory control issue. The system indicated inventory, and the green button was pushed, triggering the payment and the pick/pack.

I've had good experiences with Fabspeed. Hopefully this gets resolved ASAP.

Given they contacted you, and were very helpful, why do you feel the need to air this publicly before giving Fabspeed a chance to make it right with you?
Old 07-02-2014, 12:01 AM
chsu74
Rennlist Member

Received 314 Likes on 262 Posts

^ I don't buy that story.

Fabspeed don't ship hundreds of package per day. If inventory control is an issue, then shipping department would find themselves with an extra Fedex shipping label that did not go on a box that very day as a check and balance.

Sales dept should be on it within 24 hours of the mistake. Customer service level should commensurate the price you pay for their parts.

OP did not clarify if money is immediately refunded and should get a discount coupon towards a future order.

I have just seen too many complaints with their service. Just do a search. That process is broken and someone in their organization should address it.
Old 07-02-2014, 12:05 AM
Cuda911
Race Director

Received 461 Likes on 300 Posts

As much as I love my Fabspeed set-up, I have found their customer communication/service to be very sucky. And, that's being polite.
Old 07-02-2014, 07:56 PM
westy66
Instructor

Originally Posted by mitch9000
Given they contacted you, and were very helpful, why do you feel the need to air this publicly before giving Fabspeed a chance to make it right with you?

whats wrong with airing it publicly? i was surprised that this could have happened and wanted to know if this is a regular occurance with Fabspeed; i have never ordered from them. And, according to some of the responses, it appears it is.

i just ordered $3 door handle seals and $1.50 emblem screws for my vw bus from a site that has real-time inventory tracking. IF they didnt have them, i would have gotten them from another site. i didnt have that opportunity.

they did contact me..... 5 days later; a day after i was expecting delivery. my contact was very polite, but not very helpful. i got a story about how popular the part was. actually, he didnt even offer me a refund. i even made a special trip to Sears Hardware to get a special 13mm wrench that day. And they made nothing 'right', only told me it was going to be 3-5 weeks for delivery. im still excited to get the parts, its just going to be a while.

i would think free shipping would be a nice goodwill gesture after an order falls through the cracks like this one. *hint hint*
Old 07-03-2014, 02:07 PM
BlazinPond
Three Wheelin'

Received 278 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by westy66
whats wrong with airing it publicly? i was surprised that this could have happened and wanted to know if this is a regular occurance with Fabspeed; i have never ordered from them. And, according to some of the responses, it appears it is.

i just ordered $3 door handle seals and $1.50 emblem screws for my vw bus from a site that has real-time inventory tracking. IF they didnt have them, i would have gotten them from another site. i didnt have that opportunity.

they did contact me..... 5 days later; a day after i was expecting delivery. my contact was very polite, but not very helpful. i got a story about how popular the part was. actually, he didnt even offer me a refund. i even made a special trip to Sears Hardware to get a special 13mm wrench that day. And they made nothing 'right', only told me it was going to be 3-5 weeks for delivery. im still excited to get the parts, its just going to be a while.

i would think free shipping would be a nice goodwill gesture after an order falls through the cracks like this one. *hint hint*
Sorry to change the subject....but do you recall by name/description what the special wrench is to install on a 958 CTT?

I purchased Warehouser's pipes and want to install on my own. Of course, I need the right tools for the job

Would this ratcheting half moon 11x13mm wrench work?
GearWrench 9852 11mm x 13mm Half-Moon Double Box Ratcheting Wrench - Combination Wrenches - Amazon.com GearWrench 9852 11mm x 13mm Half-Moon Double Box Ratcheting Wrench - Combination Wrenches - Amazon.com

Last edited by BlazinPond; 07-03-2014 at 02:32 PM.
Old 07-04-2014, 10:42 AM
westy66
Instructor

I havnt done the job yet, but thats the wrench I got
Old 07-04-2014, 12:37 PM
User 040621
Drifting

Received 96 Likes on 49 Posts

OP- sorry its been less than a good experience for you. And good is a reasonable expectation.

I was asking why, not claiming there was anything wrong with what you did.

I think - and haven't had this confirmed one way or another.....but I think that Fabspeed has their manufacturing done in China. Maybe this contributes to the delays. Their logo has USA in it, but the packaging, wrapping, labels I've received (g-pipe and shock tower brace) sure looks like China to me.
Old 07-07-2014, 04:37 PM
User 4221
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 47 Likes on 29 Posts

Don't worry, Evan or Joe will be along here shortly to rectify the situation by offering you a discount on your NEXT order. There will be some utterance about how their products produce "Max Power" or some crap that is rarely, if ever, backed up by dyno proof.

I'm a patient person, but when spending serious $$ on discretionary purchases, the service should be flawless. Yes, I have direct experience with their idea of "delighting the customer". From my experience, they rate about one notch above a muffler shop....... Never again will I buy from them.
Old 07-07-2014, 06:44 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow, such a frenzy whipped up about a delivery delay

I am pretty sure at this rate Joe will have sold your first born into slavery by the end of the week

Quick Reply: fabspeed needs to step it up