Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pictorial. HP Pump Removal to access Water distributor leak.

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2015, 04:04 PM
957Turbo
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by timwu12
hey 957Turbo,

I know this is a bit old, but I'm thinking about doing this preventatively and had a few questions for you...

1. When you reattached the fuel fittings back onto the HPFP, did you have to wrap the threads with teflon tape or some kind of thread sealant to prevent the fuel from leaking?

2. When you say JB weld, are you removing the barb, scoring it, applying the JB weld inside the water distributor and on the outside of the barb and then sticking it back in and wiping off the excess from the inside?

Or are you inserting the barb back to the distributor and only applying a dab of JB weld on the outside like your original temporary fix?

Thanks in advance!
Sorry for the late reply, happy to report JB weld fix is holding 10k miles later..
I removed the fitting, scored both surfaces(inside and the fitting itself) with harsh sand paper (don't remember the grit). Then cleaned everything off with degreaser, applied good amount of JB weld around the fitting and inserted it back in. I put some cardboard at the back of the hose to keep it firmly in place till it cures. 24h later it was good to go! No teflon tape needed for fuel pump hoses.

Last edited by 957Turbo; 12-25-2015 at 01:39 AM.
Old 03-06-2017, 08:15 PM
touareg
Drifting

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

Does anyone know the torque for the coolant sensor?

Quick Reply: Pictorial. HP Pump Removal to access Water distributor leak.