Sponsored by:

Turbo IPD Plenum

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2014, 10:16 PM
westy66
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Turbo IPD Plenum

How have i never heard of this part. There are a lot of Cayennes here with rear cat deletes and some with exhausts, but this seems like a great upgrade for under a grand and im quite surprised by proclaimed HP/TQ bump. 30/32

Can anyone share their experience / results?

http://www.suncoastparts.com/product...e=9552TTPERFOR
Old 06-10-2014, 10:33 PM
wrinkledpants
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Some light reading for you.

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/c...bs-really.html
Old 06-10-2014, 11:50 PM
westy66
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Haha. Exactly what I suspected when I read the parts description
Old 06-11-2014, 04:38 AM
hahnmgh63
Three Wheelin'

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts

I have the IPD plenum. I didn't pay full price but got it on a parts clearance for almost half as mine (stock plastic) had a crack starting in it. I doubt it makes more than 5bhp but besides being aluminum it the casting does have a nice airflow diverter that the stock really doesn't have to smooth out airflow. The slightly larger size with the better airflow is probably worth something but mainly for me it was replacing another cheap plastic substandard failing part that Porsche used. On Turbos it is not uncommon for you to find a cracked or de-laminating plastic Y-pipe. It is made of something like two or three layers of plastic so sometimes you just find the layers coming apart. It's a nice strong piece but I would not pay full price for one.

Last edited by hahnmgh63; 06-11-2014 at 04:58 AM.
Old 06-11-2014, 08:27 AM
Stage7
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Interesting read about the plenum. It seems like many of the 997.1 tt guys have the same opinion, but it seems to make very measurable gains in the 997.2 TTs by the accounts I've read. Mostly in power under the curve rather than peak hp.

Seems to be a similar effect as the FAST intakes on Ls7 cars (not much peak hp, but strong gains under the curve).

Also, Renaissance Man made his own enlarged plenum/y-pipe in his heavy bolt on CTT and reported a huge difference in seat of the pants and recently went to the dyno with great results.

That said, I haven't read a good review of the IPD plenum for the Cayenne except for build quality.

Like anything, it's the application and whether or not a specific part is a bottle neck at specific power levels.

Quick Reply: Turbo IPD Plenum