Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Engine torque damper 955-375-101-13-M100...anyone using the Hamburg Technic part?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2014, 07:16 AM
spooltime
Rennlist Member

Received 63 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by stormy69
is the bushing available to purchase alone? i have a 75 ton press and hate to see it sit idle
I had the same thought, but had no luck in finding just the bushing.
Old 07-01-2014, 09:23 AM
CarreraCup03
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 20 Posts

In the last two weekends I have changed the tranny , diffs, and transfer case fluids, spark plugs, and the torque bar. The torque bar was the most noticeable change. car is smooth as silk now.
Old 07-02-2014, 05:11 AM
stormy69
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by spooltime
I had the same thought, but had no luck in finding just the bushing.
The owner of polybushings.com is a friend, I plan to talk to him about this.
Old 03-09-2015, 07:49 AM
0x00
AutoX

Default bump and ecs has the bushings

bump-been a while, I have one torque link sitting here with bad bushing. was looking for bushings instead of recycling, and stumbled upon them. so far, this is the only place I have seen them. Not sure if they are Asian import or not, hopefully leomforder. can't tell from pix.

http://www.ecstuning.com/Porsche-200....5L/ES2794814/

says 'brand: Hamburg Technic' on the page. probably the same as the infamous Deutsche Parts? Anyone know how legit ECS is?

the links are cheap, around $100 for a genuine one. I was hoping to keep my old out out of recycle, and/or swap it back so I don't have a black one (new=black, old=natural aluminum).

$36 is high for two bushings. and criminal if they aren't the real stuff.
Old 08-28-2016, 11:54 AM
Chico Mann
AutoX

Hi all, reviving an old thread...

My PIG was running fine, but while changing the plugs I notice the bushings were cracked. I installed a torque strut from ECS and now I have heavy vibration at low and higher speeds.

The strut was difficult to install as the bolt through the engine bracket didn't align well. It seemed the engine had somehow settled a bit lower. After much fanagling I got it mounted, but I have about 5 millimeters of play at the point where the strut attaches to the chassis. Is this normal? It seems like this is would be the source of my problems.

I can't image my problems would be associated with the aftermarket unit itself, but maybe others have had a similar experience?

Any help would be much appreciated.
Old 04-26-2017, 12:28 AM
phatz
Burning Brakes

Received 164 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by bigbuzuki
It seems some people buy these premium Porsche cars because they want the best, and expect to run them on a Toyota budget.

So the search begins for cheaper and inferior replacement parts, fluids, oils etc by third parties.
You can run them on a Toyota budget ...well at least some of the drivetrain
Old 03-21-2018, 03:07 AM
Dilberto
Drifting

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts
Default Jimi Strikes Again....

Filled the entire OEM torque strut bushing cavities with 3M Windo-Weld on both ends and sides. Windo-Weld is a fast-drying, urethane sealer with a Shore hardness of 87 Durometer. The low-speed shudder and dip in rpms coming to a stop has completely disappeared. Stop the madness with cheap, black aftermarket struts and gouging yourself with the original Porsche part. Having his addressed sooner than later will invariably save your motor mounts:
The following users liked this post:
oldskewel (05-31-2020)
Old 04-09-2018, 11:12 PM
asifallasleep
Cruisin'

Hey Dilberto,

Thanks for this amazing tip. I cancelled my order for the $210 torque dampener today and ordered some 3m Windo-Weld. Will try this mod by Wednesday. Polyurethane should by way way more durable than rubber.
Old 04-10-2018, 12:38 PM
Dilberto
Drifting

^ Get a caulking gun and shoot the Windo-Weld inside the bushing cavities, until the glob rises slightly above the bushing edge. Use strips of paper bag and lots of Latex gloves to smear and compress the urethane in a circular manner, so the dried solution will sit flush and fill the entire bushing cavity. This will cure, to create a 3x solid base. Do this to both ends. Jimi told me this even reinforces the Cardan Shaft, if done pre-emptively!

Turbo owners - this is the cheapest, preventative to extend life of the motor mounts. Once fully cured - the 700rpm decel shudder is completely eliminated....for the mere cost of 20 bones.
Old 04-10-2018, 06:16 PM
95_993
Race Car

Received 502 Likes on 345 Posts

Dilberto,

Is the 3M window weld just was easy to "cut out" of the cardan shaft support if it eventually fails? Curious as I like the idea, but don't know which is better....Jimi Fix preemptively or Widow Weld early stage
Old 04-10-2018, 06:21 PM
Dilberto
Drifting

Originally Posted by 95_993
Dilberto,

Is the 3M window weld just was easy to "cut out" of the cardan shaft support if it eventually fails? Curious as I like the idea, but don't know which is better....Jimi Fix preemptively or Widow Weld early stage
Jimi Sez: "shoot the 3M Windo-Weld inside all the Cardan Shaft bearing support rubber "folds." This reinforces them, preventing cracks and eventual failure. The 3M urethane is easy to excise with hobby knife."
Old 05-21-2018, 05:28 PM
oldskewel
Burning Brakes

Received 130 Likes on 106 Posts

I did this Windo Weld repair just now. My torque arm at 102k was intact, but cracked in the thinner sections. No problematic symptoms, so this was just a pre-emptive repair based on seeing the cracks in the rubber.

A couple of things I did differently:
- I noticed the center of the bushing bolt-hole had displaced from the center of the bushing in general. So I used some heavy wire and vise grips to adjust it back to dead center and hold it there until the Windo-Weld dried (overnight).
- I used cut up old gift cards / credit cards as smooth, disposable little shapers to make a smooth surface on there
- I did not fill all the way to the top of the outer shell (Magnesium, I think, on my original arm), just to the top of the rubber that was in there originally.
- the smaller bushing was fine so I did not touch that end at all

Not very messy, actually, since I used the tip that cam with the tube, without cutting it more than the pre-cut hole which was probably about 0.1 inch.

Torque values for both bolts is 60 Nm.

I figure I absolutely no-way made anything worse, and this probably fixed it permanently. We'll see about the second one.

So thanks again Dilberto for the great idea.

Hey also, I've got about 9 oz of this Window Weld left in the 10 oz tube. Any other ideas good uses for it before it all hardens up over time?

Last edited by oldskewel; 05-22-2018 at 12:01 AM.
Old 05-23-2018, 01:49 AM
vandal968
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I bought just the bushings, not the whole arm from ECS. It's HambergTechnic, or whatever. 5 mins with the shop press to swap them out, works fine. Looks 1,000,000x better than the hard, cracked, broken German parts that it replaced. Been in since Sept or so, still fine. Feel pretty good about the $38 or so I spent on it.

cheers,
c
Old 05-23-2018, 07:41 PM
Dan87951
Nordschleife Master

Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by david_alford
For my '05 CS, I'm tempted to buy the Hamburg Technic version of this part because it's half the price of OE.

Anyone installed it? Comments?

David
I purchased a DEA torque arm for about half the price of OEM. Since I wasn't impressed with the durability of the OEM part I figured I had nothing to lose. When I received the DEA part I'm almost certain it's the same as OEM. The only difference is it comes in a different box and they take a grinder and grind away the OEM markings. It's been 2 years since I installed this part and so far so good.
Old 05-31-2020, 02:03 PM
seankrider
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Dilberto
Filled the entire OEM torque strut bushing cavities with 3M Windo-Weld on both ends and sides. Windo-Weld is a fast-drying, urethane sealer with a Shore hardness of 87 Durometer. The low-speed shudder and dip in rpms coming to a stop has completely disappeared. Stop the madness with cheap, black aftermarket struts and gouging yourself with the original Porsche part. Having his addressed sooner than later will invariably save your motor mounts:
Excellent fix, Zachary!! So glad I stumbled upon this... I was crying seeing how much the OEM torque arms are (stabilizer bars). And the cheap ones look... cheap.

JIMI for PRESIDENT!!
​​​​​​​

Quick Reply: Engine torque damper 955-375-101-13-M100...anyone using the Hamburg Technic part?