Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

any experience with these issues?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2014, 12:13 AM
957 GTS
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default any experience with these issues?

Hi folks.

recently got my 09 GTS and i <3 it. A few questions though, yes i've searched for solutions and now i'm reaching out to helpful members. My key fob eats a battery in about 5 hours. I imagine there's a short somewhere, so i've been thinking of purchasing a used one off of ebay and then having it cut&programmed at the local P dealer. Suggestions?

Also, my reverse camera is showing a grayed out screen. It'll flash an image fast as the camera opens, but then nothing. Something I can deal with but curious if anyone's experienced this. Lastly, my one headlight is out, but it appears to be one of the cheaper regular bulbs. Is this a daytime running light? it's not the highbeam or the bi-xenon. Thank you in advance!
Old 04-30-2014, 11:00 AM
XR4Tim
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Do not purchase a used key. They cannot be reprogrammed. "New" keys from e-Bay seem to be hit & miss as well.
Old 04-30-2014, 05:41 PM
Jimbabwe
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As far as the camera goes it sounds like you have an intermittent connection issue. I had the same symptoms and it turned out to be the wiring going into the camera itself. Some troubleshooting time and solder fixed it...

Quick Reply: any experience with these issues?