Sponsored by:

How do you set the dam clock?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2014, 10:08 PM
modifier
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do you set the dam clock?

With Daylight Savings upon us I was presented with needing to advance my clocks an hour ahead. Who knew this could be so hard and why the PCM doesn't simply know to set it automatically, like phones and computers. : /

In the owners manual it says select "Vehicle". Don't have it. I tried "Car".

Then it says, select "Settings". Don't have it. I tried "Options".

Then it says, select "Time and Date". Don't have it. I tried "Time" and also "Date" just in case. No luck with any of it. Never gives me an option to change any of it.

Arrgh...

2014 Cayenne fyi.
Old 03-11-2014, 10:17 PM
Toby Pennycuff
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 147 Likes on 97 Posts

Are you using the steering wheel controls and the dashboard gauge? Roll the right thumbwheel to the page for settings, and then press the thumbwheel (enter). I thought you would do this change on the PCM screen too. NOT! You make this change on the dash gauge.
Old 03-11-2014, 10:35 PM
modifier
Instructor

I was trying on the dash screen. I thought of trying it on the steering wheel but then thought, 'no, the main screen would be the place'. Wrong, I guess. Seems like they could have mentioned that detail in the encyclopedia of a manual.

Thanks, I'll try it.
Old 03-11-2014, 10:54 PM
modifier
Instructor

That worked. I guess since I have it set to "GPS Time" there wasn't an option to set the time but there is a box to check or uncheck for adding an hour for Day Light Savings Time.

Success. Thanks again.
Old 03-12-2014, 12:29 PM
ELUSIVE
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

I went through this same exact thing on Sunday as well. And finally found it in the steering wheel display setup. Took awhile though.
Old 03-12-2014, 01:12 PM
mcipseric
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by modifier
That worked. I guess since I have it set to "GPS Time" there wasn't an option to set the time but there is a box to check or uncheck for adding an hour for Day Light Savings Time.

Success. Thanks again.
+1
Old 03-12-2014, 01:55 PM
Psup4s
Burning Brakes

Received 122 Likes on 66 Posts

Porsche sent me instructions on how to do change the clock, i'll have to check it out
Old 03-12-2014, 02:05 PM
endless_corners
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Ironically it's extremely easy to set the clock on my 2004 CS.
It took about 5 seconds. About the only thing they got right with the electronics.
Old 03-12-2014, 05:23 PM
modifier
Instructor

It's easy to do now too. You just have to know the secret path for how to get there.
Old 03-12-2014, 05:29 PM
gnat
Nordschleife Master

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Kinda funny since there was a thread in the OT forum last week about someone being incredulous that their dealer didn't think Porsche owners could set their clocks and was offering to do it for them

I guess I'm odd that the first thing I did was crawl through all the options and buttons to see what they did

Like Psup4s, though, I also got an email from Porsche with instructions about how to do it. Irritatingly I just had to do it a few weeks ago as it went into the body shop just before the last time change...

What I don't understand is that if you have it set to get the time from GPS do you have to adjust for DST? Isn't the local TZ something that GPS provides (it's been too long since I looked at the GPS protocol details)?

Quick Reply: How do you set the dam clock?