Remove front passenger seat

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2014, 05:41 PM
koolkat1973
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Remove front passenger seat

Hi -

I'm trying to remove the DVD navigation DVD from underneath the front passenger seat. Does anyone know if there is a quick way to remove the passenger seat like the driver's seat? I've searched but cannot find anything for removing the front passenger seat. I do see very detailed instruction for removing front driver's seat. Thank you.

Kiet
Old 04-27-2021, 08:16 PM
TangerineT
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Old thread, but figured I would try.

Trying to figure out how to get the front passenger seat to rotate back like the driver side? Searched here, youtube, etc., but no luck on finding instructions. It is different than the driver side, as there is the little storage box at the base of the passenger side.

Don't want to break anything. Can someone offer any guidance?

Thanks.
Old 04-27-2021, 09:51 PM
TRINITONY
Rennlist Member

Received 289 Likes on 236 Posts

Originally Posted by TangerineT
Old thread, but figured I would try.

Trying to figure out how to get the front passenger seat to rotate back like the driver side? Searched here, youtube, etc., but no luck on finding instructions. It is different than the driver side, as there is the little storage box at the base of the passenger side.

Don't want to break anything. Can someone offer any guidance?

Thanks.
should be same, I removed mine a couple weeks ago to get a stuck storage box, look for directions on Pelican. same as Touareg I believe so include that in your search. I did have to order the special socket of Amazon.

see https://www.pelicanparts.com/techart...at_Removal.htm

Last edited by TRINITONY; 04-28-2021 at 12:18 AM.
Old 04-28-2021, 12:34 AM
TangerineT
Rennlist Member

I don’t want to completely remove the pax seat, just be able to flip it back like you do with the driver side when accessing the battery.
Old 04-28-2021, 12:47 PM
Klaird928
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 37 Posts

Move the seat all the way forward and unscrew the two triple square bolts on the rails. Then move the seat all the way back and remove the two in front on the rails. The seat will now lean back. There are no hinges on the passenger seat.
Old 04-28-2021, 02:46 PM
TangerineT
Rennlist Member

Thanks. I will take a closer look. It didn't seem like I could get the seat back far enough to access the bolts due to the storage drawer being in the way, but most likely it was operator error!
Old 04-28-2021, 03:07 PM
Klaird928
Rennlist Member

The seat rails are on top of the box. They do not go all the way to the floor.
Old 04-28-2021, 04:08 PM
TangerineT
Rennlist Member

I guess I have been removing the wrong bolts on the driver side then, as I was removing the triple squares under the box on the floor to get to the battery. Double
Old 04-28-2021, 05:05 PM
quight
Advanced

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

The seats mount to a bracket that mounts to the floor. On drivers side you need to remove the bracket bolts from the floor to get to the battery. On the pax side, there is no hinge on the seat bracket so whether you remove the seat from the bracket or the bracket and seat from the floor, you need to remove 4 bolt. Which four depends on what you are trying to gain access to.
Old 04-28-2021, 05:56 PM
Klaird928
Rennlist Member

I bought a 2004 that was totaled. I took every nut, bolt, wire, everything off. I wish I would have taken more notes but it sure has helped having a complete Cayenne in boxes in my garage. I have 3 gen 1 S’s. I just bought another one that needs a new roof. I have the roof but have not replaced it. I can help with disassembly and locating parts on your Cayenne if you need it. I have seen it all.
Old 04-29-2021, 01:47 AM
TangerineT
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Klaird928
I bought a 2004 that was totaled. I took every nut, bolt, wire, everything off. I wish I would have taken more notes but it sure has helped having a complete Cayenne in boxes in my garage. I have 3 gen 1 S’s. I just bought another one that needs a new roof. I have the roof but have not replaced it. I can help with disassembly and locating parts on your Cayenne if you need it. I have seen it all.
Sent you a PM.

Quick Reply: Remove front passenger seat