Sponsored by:

Rear door ashtray replacements?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2014, 12:28 PM
moskasa
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Rear door ashtray replacements?

I have an '05 CTT and the little fliptop ashtrays in the back seat are all scratched up and are getting sticky. Any idea if I can just remove them (and if so, how?) or if I can get replacements from somewhere? I don't see them on Suncoast Parts, Pelican, etc.... any ideas?
Old 03-05-2014, 01:46 PM
Justinfranke78
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Suncoast has them, I just ordered the filler panel from them. If you don't see it on the website just give them a call.
Good Luck
Old 03-05-2014, 07:30 PM
gchu
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was looking for the replacement and found would be lot of work to replace them. Later some one told me the sticky stuff could be rub off. I did it by using some rubbing alcohol. The sticky went away and the tray cover as new in 5 minutes.
Old 03-07-2014, 02:18 AM
stormy69
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i don't know about other panels but the lighter door was broken when i bought my 06 ctts, thankfully it was the plastic housing and not the olive wood door itself that was damaged. 2 screws and a connector popped off the door assembly. i ordered a standard black plastic door replacement assembly, pulled the hinge pins, swapped the door and installed it all back in the pig. $42 for the black door assembly, over $400 had i bought the full olive replacement version. time to pull the housing, 4 minutes.... time to swap doors about 10.

i have the black plastic door and a few miscellaneous pieces that weren't needed. for free plus shipping should anyone want it.

Quick Reply: Rear door ashtray replacements?