Sponsored by:

Built in LoJack?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2014, 01:11 AM
CaptJim
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Built in LoJack?

Is there something built into the Cayenne that can be used to track your car if it is stolen? I was just curious to know if I should go out and get a LoJack, or is it already a feature? If I am fully covered, including any gap insurance to cover any dept over market value, is LoJack worth it. Are there any stolen car stories out there?
Old 03-05-2014, 09:57 AM
Lexlthr
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The Cayenne does not have a built in tracking system that I know of. (At least the 955 which I own) I added LoJack into my finacing at purchase and got it installed for around $695. The most important thing is to make sure you have LoJack coverage in your area as I leave in the Southwestern PA region (Pittsburgh) which IS NOT covered but everywhere we go for vacation is covered.

My Cayenne has never been stolen but, I do have a story. One night my battery died and my key was stuck in the ignition so I had to jump it with my portable jumper. When I used it I set off the alarm and my next door neighbor came running out with his gun thinking someone was trying to steal it. It's good to have neighbors that still look out for each other.

Quick Reply: Built in LoJack?