Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2013 leftovers - has anyone bought any?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2014, 01:03 PM
jlee504
Rennlist Member

Received 477 Likes on 260 Posts

It's funny that is the state that has the most of them.

Jersey must be a high volume state with all those dealers. I found my GT3 allocation in NJ too. They had many compared to others.

Jeff
Old 01-19-2014, 01:05 PM
jlee504
Rennlist Member

Received 477 Likes on 260 Posts

You're right and I probably won't ever end up buying a car in the DC area. These dealers make you feel like your the lucky one for them to be even dealing with you. Discounts are no where near surrounding states.

Jeff
Originally Posted by gnat
The 2014s aren't already on their way, they've been here for a long time (summer 2013). It's the 2015 MY that will be here this summer. Are you sure you are looking at 13s and not 14s? Not sure which dealer(s) you are talking to, but Rockville and Tysons go through their inventory fast enough that I'd be shocked if they have a new (e.g. never purchased) 2013 sitting on their lot. If it is indeed 13s you are looking at, then I'd expect you to be able to get a better deal as it has been costing them a significant amount while they've been sitting there and with the mid-cycle refresh coming this summer (plus the Macan which will likely impact Cayenne sales too) an almost 2 MY old vehicle is only going to get harder to sell. Porsche dealers don't like to deal, but at only 10% I'd say get a 2014 now or wait for the 2015s. If it is a 14 you are looking at, 10% is damn good compared to what I got on my 13 1.5 years ago.
Old 01-19-2014, 05:13 PM
gnat
Nordschleife Master

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Psup4s
Thanks for the heads up. How can I check the build date? Is it the same as production month?
Thx
The dealer can tell you, but yes the build month is the important part in this case as the updates started at the beginning of 11/2012.

Anyone know any other differences aside from updated PCM? Can the older pre 11/2012 be updated?
Yes (for the PCM anyway), but it's not worth the cost as you have to replace the head unit. If I remember correctly it was about 6K just for the unit itself when I looked at doing it. I'm sure the dealer would happily charge and arm and a leg for the labor too, but it's not that hard to pull the PCM if you are at all handy (my Valentine 1 hardwire DIY covers pulling the relevant trim pieces to remove the PCM).

Last edited by gnat; 01-19-2014 at 05:15 PM. Reason: adding link as I now realize this site doesn't have the link in my sig...
Old 01-19-2014, 05:21 PM
Psup4s
Burning Brakes

Received 122 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by gnat
The dealer can tell you, but yes the build month is the important part in this case as the updates started at the beginning of 11/2012.

Yes (for the PCM anyway), but it's not worth the cost as you have to replace the head unit. If I remember correctly it was about 6K just for the unit itself when I looked at doing it. I'm sure the dealer would happily charge and arm and a leg for the labor too, but it's not that hard to pull the PCM if you are at all handy (my Valentine 1 hardwire DIY covers pulling the relevant trim pieces to remove the PCM).
Thanks, def not worth doing IMO. The benefits def not outweigh the cost not to mention potential warranty issues.
Old 01-19-2014, 06:50 PM
gnat
Nordschleife Master

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Thanks, def not worth doing IMO. The benefits def not outweigh the cost not to mention potential warranty issues.
I agree which is why I haven't done it, but it shouldn't effect your warranty at all as it's a plug and play swap (e.g. no hacking involved) and all OEM parts. Your vehicle warranty probably wouldn't cover any issues with the new unit though (but I imagine most dealers wouldn't notice and still work on it/replace it for you).
Old 01-20-2014, 08:11 PM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Received 1,571 Likes on 983 Posts

There's a very nice 2013 Cayenne S for sale at my local dealer. It's even the colors we want in our next car. It doesn't have everything we want, but it is pretty well equipped. It has an MSRP of $81,245 and they are offering it for $74,746, or roughly an 8% discount.

We're probably going to go with an Audi SQ5. We can get the Audi with everything we want in the upper $50K range with my Audi supplier discount. As much as I like the Cayenne, I don't think that I like it ~$16K more than the Audi.

I'm not considering this, but there is a new red 2013 Cayenne GTS for sale at the same dealer. It has an MSRP of $137,195 and it is being offered for $127,195.

Quick Reply: 2013 leftovers - has anyone bought any?