Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone ordered a Platinum Edition Cayenne?

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2013, 08:20 PM
MMHZ
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone ordered a Platinum Edition Cayenne?

Hi, Today my salesman gave me good news, and bad news. He said my regular cayenne order cannot go through because only these editions will be built. So he put me in a slot of a cayenne platinum edition with all the options i've originally ordered. With almost $4k off i didn't mind the inconvenience . Its lower in price because of the more standard options and a tad cheaper wheels. But I'm afraid of the silver trimming on the grills/wing to be a little off looking. Is it an aluminum finish or is it just a silver paint finish? Anyway here is my build:
-JBM
-21" SportEdition wheels
-8 way seats, Two tone black/beige
-Light comfort
-PDLS in black
-Tinted taillight
-Front and rear steel apron
-Panoramic roof
-Automatic tailgate
-Rear camera/sensors
-Carbon fiber multifunction sw/interior
-Bose sound sys.
-Dash Compass
-Tow hitch
What you guys think? Any important options that I should add?
Old 12-11-2013, 01:07 AM
RESP
Burning Brakes

Get the 14 way seats.
You will enjoy the difference from 8 ways.
Old 12-11-2013, 09:11 AM
gnat
Nordschleife Master

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

+1 on the 14s.

I always recommend doing the roof rails as they can't be added later.
Old 12-11-2013, 05:34 PM
danit
Advanced

I'm not seeing the 4K off when I run through the configuration tool. I think I fail in my need for full leather and air suspension with PASM. I hate blank spots where stuff goes. Still with both cars equipped the same the Platinum Ed. is more. I guess that covers the bling, because if there is a 4K discount on equally equipped cars I'm ordering. I do like your choice of wheels.
Old 12-13-2013, 09:17 AM
MMHZ
Track Day

Thanks for all the answers

I've sat in the 14 way seat and found myself most comfortable in the default setting.

The roof rails is something i've never used on my other car, and didn't like the look of them IMHO.

I'm not seeing the 4K off when I run through the configuration tool. I think I fail in my need for full leather and air suspension with PASM. I hate blank spots where stuff goes. Still with both cars equipped the same the Platinum Ed. is more. I guess that covers the bling, because if there is a 4K discount on equally equipped cars I'm ordering. I do like your choice of wheels.
The main differences in price are wheels and interior accessories bits. The wheels are 40% less. And I've ordered porsche emblem embossed on the front/rear leather seats, which are now standard. Also other standard stuff they added now which cost a bit when i've first ordered the car. Plus full leather is cheaper now but i didn't order it. All in all if you didn't want the cosmetic stuff your order will be cheaper on the standard Cayenne.

The thing I'm worried about is the silver bits. Hope i like'em; if i don't a simple vinyl wrap should do the trick, but wish that i would have a choice to have them or not.
Old 12-13-2013, 12:22 PM
danit
Advanced

Yep, my dealer said there is a $4K difference over adding the extra options a la carte. The extra silver parts will probably look fine. I'll get Meteor Gray so our cars won't be the same!
Old 12-13-2013, 03:59 PM
MMHZ
Track Day

Meteor grey is an awesome color and was my 2nd choice, but decided to go with jet black. Did your dealer give you an estimated delivery date? My salesman told me 3-4 months; hoping it to be a late March delivery.

Quick Reply: Anyone ordered a Platinum Edition Cayenne?