Sponsored by:

Dear Porsche...

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2013, 11:08 AM
seafeye
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 996FLT6
Question - from your experience or what u heard? Just curious about motor/tranny grenading? Mike
I wasn't doing a good job of referring to the issues they have been having since the boxster, 996, cayennes bores etc…

In my perfect world Porsche would make an engine that is bullet proof to 100,000 miles. And they guarantee it.
Old 11-29-2013, 11:19 AM
blackland
Burning Brakes

Received 438 Likes on 255 Posts

Standard navigation (like everybody else), standard camera (they had one on a small car I rented the other day), USB port outside the box so I don't have a cord running out of the center arm rest, just get rid of 2d Cats so we don't have to do it ourselves, how about a V8 diesel engine?
Old 11-29-2013, 11:29 AM
Cole
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by seafeye
I wasn't doing a good job of referring to the issues they have been having since the boxster, 996, cayennes bores etc…

In my perfect world Porsche would make an engine that is bullet proof to 100,000 miles. And they guarantee it.

You seriously need to do some more research. Many agencies, in many countries rate Porsche as one of the most reliable manufactures.

The Cayenne bore issue is hardly and issue. Such a tiny tiny tiny fraction of Cayennes have had this issue that it shouldn't even be mentioned.

We have far more 100-350k mile Cayennes on this forum alone than there have ever been bore issues.
Old 11-29-2013, 12:16 PM
dryadsdad
Team Owner

Received 1,498 Likes on 971 Posts

Originally Posted by kosmo
With the launch of the new Macan, a refresh of the Cayenne is in order. Here's what I would like to see in the 2015 models:
  1. PDK Option with a "no offroad" disclaimer
  2. New tail lights similar to the Macan
  3. Larger Mirrors
  4. New door "hinges" kinda like the Panny's strut like system.
  5. A wider rear door opening
  6. Reposition the rear wiper under the spoiler - a la Range rover and Lexus
  7. An improved exhaust sound
  8. A lift gate that can be CLOSED w/ the key
  9. A high resolution rear camera
  10. Camera and parking sensors STANDARD
  11. The ability to add roof rails later. This pisses me off
  12. A MF steering wheel w/ PADDLE shifters just like the Macan
  13. A larger, higher resolution PCM Screen. 7inches in a sports car is fine, not so in the larger models
  14. Additional cupholders above the glove box like a 911
  15. More USB outlets in front AND rear
  16. Increase the depth of the rear seat cushions. Its so short for adults
  17. Increase the range of motion of the rear seat backs
  18. A tab or pull of some sort on the rear armrest
  19. Additional air vents in the rear, perhaps in the B pillars

and of course this goes w/o saying MORE POWER and LESS WEIGHT!

You can do it!

Sincerely
A owner
Larger mirrors? Mine stick out maybe 30 cm from each side of the truck making it a very tight fit into the garage. No, I can't retract them because w/o them, how the heck am I supposed to back in?

Cup holders? You want to eat and drink, go to a restaurant. If you can't hold out eating until you get there, you need therapy (impulse control).

More air vents? Why? Are you suffering from suffocating passengers?

Hi reg rear camera? What does yours fail to resolve now?

What does the USB port do for you? Are you so bored driving that you need to be entertained by whatever pumps through there? I suggest you get a TTS and drive in a 'sporting manner'. That's plenty of entertainment and needs no new ports.

Parking sensors? You need to be told when you are parked? I have no idea what this may be and probably don't want them either.

Damn cup holders. I gave a sad sigh of disgust when Porsche gave up the good fight and gave into to the grossly corpulent American market.
Old 11-29-2013, 01:37 PM
gnat
Nordschleife Master

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by dryadsdad
Larger mirrors?
Maybe you need to park it in an appropriately sized place then. The wing mirrors are too small and contribute to horrible blind spots.

Cup holders?
Because you never pick up things on the way home and need somewhere besides your lap to put drinks? Because you never take long trips where stopping every time you get thirsty is silly. Because you don't have a medical issue that requires you to keep well hydrated?

Get off your high horse with the therapy BS and realize that others have legitimate needs. The two holders in the center console put drinks in an awkward and impeding position.

More air vents? Why?
I'm glad you never carry passengers or pets in the rear area on hot days. Some of us need to and the vents at the back of the center console are not adequate to appropriately move air back there.

Parking sensors? You need to be told when you are parked? I have no idea what this may be and probably don't want them either.
Since you apparently like to back into inappropriately small parking spaces and are otherwise OK with useless mirrors, you could probably benefit from them yourself…

Personally I prefer them as an option as I don't like them (one of my regrets is that I went with a package that included them). Same for the backup cameras too, but others need/want them and I'm not going to deride them for such a choice until they start talking about mandating such things be required.

Damn cup holders. I gave a sad sigh of disgust when Porsche gave up the good fight and gave into to the grossly corpulent American market.
There are all kinds of legitimate reasons to have and use cup holders that have nothing to do with your belief that they make people fatter. Putting a drink (regardless of if you are actually drinking from it) in a decent cup holder is far safer that it being in your lap or loose in the cabin (e.g. tossed in a seat or on the floor).
Old 11-29-2013, 01:40 PM
seafeye
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Cole
You seriously need to do some more research. Many agencies, in many countries rate Porsche as one of the most reliable manufactures.

The Cayenne bore issue is hardly and issue. Such a tiny tiny tiny fraction of Cayennes have had this issue that it shouldn't even be mentioned.

We have far more 100-350k mile Cayennes on this forum alone than there have ever been bore issues.
Ok, so maybe only the bad news gets the press.
In general i would like to see Porsche having a better warranty. If they are the worlds best cars then they shouldn't have to worry about offering a warranty like Hyundai. And then we wouldn't have to go through all the trouble of class action law suits for IMS bearings, coolant tubes, coils, drive shafts etc…
Things IMO should be covered.
Old 11-29-2013, 01:43 PM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Received 247 Likes on 203 Posts

I want a curb rash sensor. My wife keeps curbing the crap out of the rims. Mike
Old 11-29-2013, 01:48 PM
gnat
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by 996FLT6
I want a curb rash sensor. My wife keeps curbing the crap out of the rims. Mike
Here Here
you go

If Porsche added them, they'd easily be a $2k option with a weird acronym
Old 11-29-2013, 01:55 PM
Cole
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by seafeye
In general i would like to see Porsche having a better warranty. If they are the worlds best cars then they shouldn't have to worry about offering a warranty like Hyundai. .
Well, I'm sure Hyundai has their share of issues. But since it's largely a non-enthusiast non-premium brand most of those issues rant being voiced on forums.

Secondly, Hyundia chose their 10 year/100k warranty as a marketing ploy. From my understanding it's also pretty easy to extend a Porsche warranty to these limits.

.....FWIW, my Cayenne Turbo only cost about $1000 in parts outside normal maintenance up to 100k. Which is less than 1% the original cost of the car. Seems like a reasonable amount.
Old 11-29-2013, 02:16 PM
mdl04
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well good luck on that list. The current cayenne is squarely aimed at woman…not men. Here on long island Cayenne's are very common. Haven't seen a man driving a non 955 yet.
Old 11-29-2013, 02:48 PM
pcst
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Legit list of items should be equipped on the high end Porsche SUV.

However, I doubt it though.... just like !phone (welcome to yesterday's technology, compared to every growing @ndroid O/S), Porsche has been busy catching up, not been on the innovation side. Porsche engineers will over complicate stuff once again (over engineering) as always w/o much of accomplishment.

Hell, wife's current generation Lexus RX350 is equipped with the every possible option offered by Lexus. Can't even compare with the current generation Porsche Cayenne when it comes to the technology, but I agree Cayenne is much much much enjoyable to drive than RX, but RX is equipped with more convenient features.
Old 11-29-2013, 02:59 PM
Dyim
Drifting

Received 1,034 Likes on 554 Posts

Originally Posted by kosmo
With the launch of the new Macan, a refresh of the Cayenne is in order. Here's what I would like to see in the 2015 models:
  1. A MF steering wheel w/ PADDLE shifters just like the Macan

You can do it!

Sincerely
A PIG owner
It might be happening!

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/c...ing-wheel.html
Old 11-29-2013, 10:34 PM
TGED
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gnat
Which isn't available in the diesel
4-zone climate is available in the diesel in other markets, Europe and Asia.
Old 11-29-2013, 10:51 PM
gnat
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by TGED
Originally Posted by gnat
Which isn't available in the diesel
4-zone climate is available in the diesel in other markets, Europe and Asia.
Doesn't help the North American markets. It's the DPF system that's in the way.
Old 11-30-2013, 08:14 AM
catamount
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

How about adding a sunglasses holder like every other car currently made? Surely some clever engineer and designer can figure out how to get one in an overhead console.

Quick Reply: Dear Porsche...