Reverse Camera Cover Won't Flip

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2017, 01:34 AM
TomF
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 146 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by Popo928
I have the same issue on an 08 I bought today. How do you take it apart?
I'd love to know as well. My camera needs replacing... FYI, there is a setting on the PCM where you can activate the camera manually.

Cheers,
TomF
Old 05-13-2017, 05:16 PM
pdxjim
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Most good auto audio shops can do this install. I had front and rear cameras installed on my '13 Cayman S Cabriolet.
Old 05-26-2021, 09:56 PM
Turbo Alex
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi guys! I have the same trouble now over 2 years. I also took my Turbo S to the dealer to get it fixed, but no chance. They told me that the plastic case is broken and need to be replaced by a new cam. Total damage would be 38 000MXN - about 1 900 USDs! I would not mind to buy a after market cam that works with the PCM. Any recommendations so far?
Old 05-26-2021, 10:37 PM
Davebrossi
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 125 Likes on 102 Posts

If the problem you have is the wormgear setup, they are easier to find than the camera electronics. Normally it's the camera unit that fails. The wormgear housing is most metal, are you talking about the hinged 'clamshell' case that bolts to the mechanical assembly?
Old 05-26-2021, 10:55 PM
Turbo Alex
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Davebrossi
If the problem you have is the wormgear setup, they are easier to find than the camera electronics. Normally it's the camera unit that fails. The wormgear housing is most metal, are you talking about the hinged 'clamshell' case that bolts to the mechanical assembly?
Thanks for your answer! I am talking out the plastic housing that has a cut. I found this pic in the web and marked a red line where mine is fully cut through. I used super glue to glue it together again. Porsche told me I need to replace the whole camera unit as the mechanism got damaged. Meanwhile the cam stays fully under the plastic cover that gets jammed every time the camera moves towards opening the case.

Quick Reply: Reverse Camera Cover Won't Flip