Sponsored by:

Picked up my '14 CD yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2013, 10:24 PM
wds928
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very nicely built! Enjoy and post your experiences. Hope mine gets here soon!
Old 10-25-2013, 10:02 AM
AnchorRanch
Intermediate

Wow, great options. Congrats, and enjoy your CD.
Old 10-25-2013, 11:52 AM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 795 Likes on 545 Posts

Very nice. I had my 997 in for a service and got a CD as a loaner. Loved it. I am now seriously thinking of getting the wife one! Sneaky move as it would really be for my enjoyment too. My loaner had 10k miles and it was unbelievably quiet. There's no way you'd know it was a diesel IMO. Granted I didn't stand outside and listen, but very quiet and smooth.
Old 10-25-2013, 11:59 AM
carcommander
Rennlist Member

Received 276 Likes on 152 Posts

I own a GTS but was given one as a loaner. They only problem I had is that I looked down and was hauling. Had to slow down. LOL.
Old 10-25-2013, 03:48 PM
pdxjim
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Am curious as how you like the voice control/online services?
Old 10-25-2013, 04:14 PM
Linuxtwit
7th Gear

Originally Posted by pdxjim
Am curious as how you like the voice control/online services?
I find the voice control useful, especially in situations where I would have to hunt through the pcm menus.
As far as the online services, if I had to do it again, I probably would skip ordering it. OTOH, it is practically
free in the grand scheme of Porsche pricing, so I might have tossed it in anyways.
Old 10-25-2013, 04:37 PM
stronbl
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Congrats on the new purchase. I too have dark blue metallic but with two toned blue-black full leather interior. The dark blue shows the dirt but looks great when clean. Enjoy!
Old 11-24-2013, 06:13 PM
sarends
AutoX

Sounds like you had a Touareg - how do you like your Cayenne in comparison?

Originally Posted by zorba1331
Congrats! Looks great.

I had to get used to the shorter signal light arm compared to my touareg. I liked how the steering wheel was smaller too. All those little things that remind you that you have a new car are fun. Soon they simply turn into plain controls and you can really settle in and enjoy the ride.
Old 11-25-2013, 01:18 AM
kalyan
Burning Brakes

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Congrats! I drove the diesel earlier this year and loved it. We also drove it on the frozen lake and was fun!
Old 11-26-2013, 08:40 AM
zorba1331
Instructor

Originally Posted by sarends
Sounds like you had a Touareg - how do you like your Cayenne in comparison?
I really liked my touareg, but love the cayenne. My cayenne feels sturdy yet responsive. The touareg felt super solid, but it also felt really heavy (which I think it is).

Cayenne is quieter and a smoother drive. The navigation in the VW was really annoying and I found it hard to trust. The interface wasn't very user friendly, and in some ways didn't make sense.

I feel like I sat a little higher in the touareg which I liked, but before long you get used to whatever you are in.

A simple way to put it is my VW felt like a truck and my cayenne feels like a sports car but with space and SUV capabilities. I haven't had it in the snow yet so I am curious to see how that feels. My touareg handled great in a pretty severe winter in Canada...except when it didn't start and I had to get it towed to the dealer.

Our touareg was also a lemon and we had several things go wrong with it in the first year which really was infuriating. Every time it happened we would be so ticked that we were for sure going to get rid of it. Then I would get it back and really enjoy it and forgive it...until the next time haha.

Overall I would have been happy with another touareg, but it was my 40th and inwasnliiking for something really special. I found it in the cayenne.
Old 11-26-2013, 11:03 AM
sarends
AutoX

What year was your Touareg? I have heard the more recent Touareg (11 - 13) is more similar to the recent Cayenne. My Touareg is a 13 and I really like it. However, I drove a CD two weeks ago and two things stood out:

1) The 14 way seats are MUCH MUCH better
2) The handling is crisper and flatter and the sport mode (with paddle shifters) was, well, sportier

I use my Touareg for work and I drive allot (25 - 30k per year). It is part of the cost of business for me. However, if my business consumes 80% of a $50k vehicle (in depreciation) every 3 - 4 years, this is less cost than if it were to consume 80% of a $70k Cayenne every 3 - 4 years. And, I am not sure my customers would think positively towards my driving Cayenne whereas my customers don't really even know what the Touareg is.

I am attracted tot he Cayenne because a) I love the Touareg b) I love the better sears in Cayenne while driving 30k mile per year. And, the better handling thrown in would be a bonus

Originally Posted by zorba1331
I really liked my touareg, but love the cayenne. My cayenne feels sturdy yet responsive. The touareg felt super solid, but it also felt really heavy (which I think it is).

Cayenne is quieter and a smoother drive. The navigation in the VW was really annoying and I found it hard to trust. The interface wasn't very user friendly, and in some ways didn't make sense.

I feel like I sat a little higher in the touareg which I liked, but before long you get used to whatever you are in.

A simple way to put it is my VW felt like a truck and my cayenne feels like a sports car but with space and SUV capabilities. I haven't had it in the snow yet so I am curious to see how that feels. My touareg handled great in a pretty severe winter in Canada...except when it didn't start and I had to get it towed to the dealer.

Our touareg was also a lemon and we had several things go wrong with it in the first year which really was infuriating. Every time it happened we would be so ticked that we were for sure going to get rid of it. Then I would get it back and really enjoy it and forgive it...until the next time haha.

Overall I would have been happy with another touareg, but it was my 40th and inwasnliiking for something really special. I found it in the cayenne.
Old 11-26-2013, 12:00 PM
zorba1331
Instructor

Originally Posted by sarends
What year was your Touareg? I have heard the more recent Touareg (11 - 13) is more similar to the recent Cayenne. My Touareg is a 13 and I really like it. However, I drove a CD two weeks ago and two things stood out: 1) The 14 way seats are MUCH MUCH better 2) The handling is crisper and flatter and the sport mode (with paddle shifters) was, well, sportier I use my Touareg for work and I drive allot (25 - 30k per year). It is part of the cost of business for me. However, if my business consumes 80% of a $50k vehicle (in depreciation) every 3 - 4 years, this is less cost than if it were to consume 80% of a $70k Cayenne every 3 - 4 years. And, I am not sure my customers would think positively towards my driving Cayenne whereas my customers don't really even know what the Touareg is. I am attracted tot he Cayenne because a) I love the Touareg b) I love the better sears in Cayenne while driving 30k mile per year. And, the better handling thrown in would be a bonus
Ours was an '09. I did test drive a new one while I was waiting for an oil change before I was even thinking of the cayenne and it was very nice, but after driving the cayenne that's all it was, very nice. The cayenne is special.

You are right about the seats too. They are really nice. A diesel would be great for you, unless your customers get all bent out of shape for having a Porsche. Most people don't realize that you can get a nice cayenne for a price that starts with a 7. Most people who don't really know (I was one of them before I started looking at them) think they start in the 80-90k range. My v6 starting price was $49 500 before I optioned it up and got all the bells and whistles. It still started with a 7 which shocks a lot of people.

I couldn't be happier with it.
Old 11-26-2013, 08:02 PM
P-daddy
Rennlist Member

Received 445 Likes on 269 Posts

Great looking truck. So what kind of numbers are you getting with the diesel?
Old 11-30-2013, 10:54 PM
booch
Instructor

Received 38 Likes on 21 Posts

Truck looks great, I really love the blue. I bought a white CD in January, got too good of a deal to wait for a blue one but I definitely preferred that over the white. After ~12.5k miles, the car is as quiet as it was new. Easy to get over 30mpg on the highway, even if you aren't easy with the go pedal.
Old 12-01-2013, 09:54 AM
AnchorRanch
Intermediate

Congrats! Very nicely built. Enjoy your CD.

Quick Reply: Picked up my '14 CD yesterday