Sponsored by:

Performance Driving Group

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2013, 05:55 AM
Deezenuts
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Performance Driving Group

Has anyone done Performance Driving Group ? Im thinking of doing it as it seems like a cheap way to get on a track. PSM on or Off ?
Old 09-26-2013, 08:17 AM
Miamirice
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

Where are you located? South Florida?
Old 09-26-2013, 09:50 AM
Deezenuts
Advanced

Originally Posted by Miamirice
Where are you located? South Florida?
Yes im in Cape Coral and was thinking going to Homestead Track or Palm Beach
Homestead is this weekend
Old 09-26-2013, 10:12 AM
Pep!RRRR
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

At our local PCA High Performance Driving Clinic the only time PSM was turned off was on the skidpad. (Since the goal is to actually skid).
Old 09-26-2013, 10:54 AM
Miamirice
Racer

Originally Posted by Deezenuts
Yes im in Cape Coral and was thinking going to Homestead Track or Palm Beach
Homestead is this weekend
Ok. Well I instruct for them and here is what I can tell you:

20-30% newbies
20-40% intermediates
15-25% trailered track/race cars

We have typically run 3 run groups with only 1 group open passing, the others point by.

I have experience with many groups (BMW, Chinmotorsports, PBOC, Hooked on Driving). This one is easily my favorite. They are very laid back, treat everybody like grown ups and the folks are the least "particular". Turn out is good but not crowded like some others. Not to mention catered lunch and bottled water is included. You will see everything from 100 hp crapcans to m3, plenty of Porsches new and old, lots of corvettes.

Regarding your question- I always want my students to run TC unless they have 5-6 previous events in under their belts. If they do then I want them to run a session with TC on and if I think they are ready then I will let them. I think it's eventually necessary if you are focusing on getting better, as is running in the rain, but we all have to think about having to "write that check" at the end of the day. I recommend you run with TC enabled and only when you feel it is stepping in and disrupting what you are trying to do, then turn it off. PBIR would be better to experiment with TC off as it has massive sweepers with massive paved run-offs. You have to get it really wrong to damage your car at PBIR IMO. My name is Rob and I run a bright green motor swapped Honda racecar or a silver s2000 streetcar. I won't be there this weekend as we are racing in the 14-hour Sebring chumpcar race. If you go, Henry and Adam run the show. Tell them I refererred you and to take care do you. If you see me at future events stop by and say hello.
Old 09-26-2013, 11:26 AM
Deezenuts
Advanced

Originally Posted by Miamirice
Ok. Well I instruct for them and here is what I can tell you:

20-30% newbies
20-40% intermediates
15-25% trailered track/race cars

We have typically run 3 run groups with only 1 group open passing, the others point by.

I have experience with many groups (BMW, Chinmotorsports, PBOC, Hooked on Driving). This one is easily my favorite. They are very laid back, treat everybody like grown ups and the folks are the least "particular". Turn out is good but not crowded like some others. Not to mention catered lunch and bottled water is included. You will see everything from 100 hp crapcans to m3, plenty of Porsches new and old, lots of corvettes.

Regarding your question- I always want my students to run TC unless they have 5-6 previous events in under their belts. If they do then I want them to run a session with TC on and if I think they are ready then I will let them. I think it's eventually necessary if you are focusing on getting better, as is running in the rain, but we all have to think about having to "write that check" at the end of the day. I recommend you run with TC enabled and only when you feel it is stepping in and disrupting what you are trying to do, then turn it off. PBIR would be better to experiment with TC off as it has massive sweepers with massive paved run-offs. You have to get it really wrong to damage your car at PBIR IMO. My name is Rob and I run a bright green motor swapped Honda racecar or a silver s2000 streetcar. I won't be there this weekend as we are racing in the 14-hour Sebring chumpcar race. If you go, Henry and Adam run the show. Tell them I refererred you and to take care do you. If you see me at future events stop by and say hello.
Exactly what I was looking for thank you much
Old 09-26-2013, 11:32 AM
Miamirice
Racer

Forgot 1 thing -

Homestead has plenty of garage space. PBIR has nothing so bring a canopy tent or make friends quick!

Quick Reply: Performance Driving Group