Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2013, 02:55 PM
fast_freddy
Rennlist Member

Received 809 Likes on 437 Posts
Default 2006 Cayenne S Heat not working

Boys, Girls and Divot,

I've done a search to no avail...

I picked up a 2006 Cayenne S a few weeks back. I bought it with a few known issues, particularly the heat. When climate control is set to "auto" and its chilly inside the cabin all I get is cool air coming through the vents. If I set it to defrost it turns into a sauna in pretty short order so I'm pretty sure the heater core works fine. A/C works just fine. What gives? Is it the flaps that arent being actuated? It worked once last week for around 5 minutes after I replaced the coolant pipes but didn't work prior to the pipe replacement. What part takes care of it?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Best,
Freddy, TSP
Old 09-20-2013, 04:25 PM
Divot
Much missed
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

The 'auto' function is designed to confuse the stupid, and hopefully leave them frozen to death in a blizzard.

I'm glad to hear everything is performing normally. Now, just find a snowbank.
Old 09-20-2013, 05:38 PM
touareg
Drifting

Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts

Take a look at the parts catalog, helps me...

http://www.porsche.com/usa/accessori...artscatalogue/
Old 11-30-2015, 11:20 AM
cayennesdetroit
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I purchased an 06 S last year with a bad motor. I installed another good engine and replaced the coolant pipes under the intake last winter. Vacuum bled the cooling system, and everything runs great. However, I had the heat would intermittently work for me. All the vents operate, and just blow cold air. If I do errands and turn the car on and off a couple of times, sometimes the heat will actually blow hot, then a few moments later, dwindle down to cold again. If I turn it off, then on again, it will sometimes do the same cycle, hot-warm-cold. Lately it has only been cold air blowing no matter what, even after I purchased a good used HVAC dash computer from LKQ.
In the summer, the AC works fine, blowing through any vent that you can select. Only after a long trip the vents seemed to move on their own, and the AC was blowing hard, but not blowing out the vents with the force it should have. Almost like a flap was getting lazy...
Some reads state there is a small heat control valve that will fix it, but have no clue if it's under the hood or in the dash.
Old 02-07-2019, 12:38 AM
RSbob
Racer

Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts

If the blower motor isn’t kaput. Go here https://www.renntech.org/forums/topi...flap-actuator/

Quick Reply: 2006 Cayenne S Heat not working