Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installing aftermarket keyless entry on 957 (Viper, AdvancedKeys, etc)

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2013, 09:30 AM
BMillar
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Installing aftermarket keyless entry on 957 (Viper, AdvancedKeys, etc)

Is this possible? I am not talking about installing the push-button start, but only the device to unlock/lock the doors using RFID proximity.
Old 09-12-2013, 09:42 AM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I would be shocked if it was easy, you would have to bypass a lot of systems
Old 09-12-2013, 11:04 AM
BMillar
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mudman2
I would be shocked if it was easy, you would have to bypass a lot of systems
...but....but.... the Viper systems and AdvancedKeys websites say you can install this on 'any' car!

Seriously though, I have no experience with this sort of thing. I take it from your response that there may be more to installing this type of system than connecting a transmitter/receiver to the motor and/or actuator? It appears that in older cars, it is a relatively simple matter. So, what is special about the Cayenne's door locking electronics that may make this a different and more difficult proposition?
Old 09-12-2013, 11:17 AM
LS1RX7
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On my 2004 it was about 400 in additional parts on top of the $400 viper alarm. I cant imagine it got any easier.
Old 09-12-2013, 11:26 AM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

In older cars it was always easy to install most aftermarket goodies, the more moden the car the worse it gets. The security systems on Cayenne are pretty good, don't think I ever heard of one being stolen.

A remote entry has to make the internal systems believe that what its doing is ok

Not easy
Old 09-12-2013, 11:38 AM
touareg
Drifting

Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts

Only solutions I have heard are from people hiding the extra key in the car. Not a good idea.

I would google touareg remote start, etc as more people seem to muck with those and the systems are very similar.
Old 09-12-2013, 12:06 PM
BMillar
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by LS1RX7
On my 2004 it was about 400 in additional parts on top of the $400 viper alarm. I cant imagine it got any easier.
Can you elaborate on what the additional parts were that you needed? And, did you have a stealer or professional install it?
Old 09-12-2013, 12:26 PM
touareg
Drifting

From the internetz, so take with a grain of salt, and for a touareg.

http://www.clubtouareg.com/forums/f6...r-16301-1.html

Ok i feel i have to chime in on this subject, being a mobile installer certified tech for over 10 years and i own a 06 V8 Touareg myself.
Ok here goes the good and the bad.
Well truth be told yes you can install a remote starter on your touareg. Thats the good.
First your gonna need 2 modules just for the integration & that doesnt include the remote start module. Parts needed ( CAN-SL2 & INT-VW2 )
Ok as a distributor here are the prices i get them for
CAN-SL2 $55.00 this does all the door triggers hood pin arm/disarm door locks etc....
INT-VW2 $550.00 now this is a hefty price tag on this. this is the piece that actually integrates with the ignition system on your T-REG.
on top off all that your gonna need another key.
so you figure for someone like me that has access to this stuff at a discounted price would cost me for everything about $1000.00.
So if you feel you want a remote starter for your Egg that bad then let me know and ill point you in the right direction. i just dont feel like spending $1000.00 for remote starter. good luck and i hope my reply was not only helpful but also informative.

AND

I'm a BestBuy MECP Advanced certified install tech and stumbled upon this thread while doing some research into the subject.

I had a 2009 Touareg for a Viper4204 remote start today. It took literally like all day, and getting to one pesky wire required removal of the wipers/cowl panel (which ate up a good chunk of the time)... but in the end everything worked great; no warning lights, no electrical gremlins.

Of course the install requires the owner to loose a key that gets buried under the dash (wrap-a-key method as installers say), but there's no other huge costs associated with it. Cost to the client is around $550+tax for the viper 2 way remote starter I listed.

If anyone ever has questions or anything feel free to contact me. I'm in the great state of Wisconsin, but I'm networked with tons of people across the nation, I can refer to someone who can do a quality job. Gimme a hollar at 715-343-7300.

Hope that wasn't too business-y... it wasn't supposed to be, but I think it came off that way. Anywho, cheers, glad I could have the pleasure to work on this darn VW/Porsche monster... and I thought the Audi Q7 was a bugger of an install
Old 09-12-2013, 12:27 PM
touareg
Drifting

Fortin INTVW2 Audi Porsche Volkswagen Interface Kit

Remote car starter interface kit for Audi Porsche and Volkswagen vehicles.
No programming required Key and additional cut-module required.
Modified key-cylinder bypass kit. Package includes a modified key-cylinder.
Data link provided for asynchronous communication with a datalink remote-starter through a single connector.
Package may include mandatory data link remote-starter. Another compatible data link remote-starter may be used.
Package only requires an 8-wire hookup to control everything with the CAN-SL.
No programming required Simplified and fool-proof installation instructions Estimated install and program time is less than 15 minutes (60 with remote-starter).
Compatible with Compustar (Firstech) cm4000 cm4200 and cm4200dx remote-starters.
Old 09-12-2013, 12:45 PM
BMillar
Rennlist Member

Old 09-12-2013, 02:59 PM
user 83838290
Banned

Received 471 Likes on 272 Posts

Originally Posted by mudman2
The security systems on Cayenne are pretty good, don't think I ever heard of one being stolen.
go to Ukraine or Poland, they're gonna prove you wrong REALLY fast
Old 09-12-2013, 03:42 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Well I cannot dispute that. But the dash cams help in recovery I assume lol
Old 09-12-2013, 03:44 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

LOL nice, I will use the key

Originally Posted by touareg
Fortin INTVW2 Audi Porsche Volkswagen Interface Kit

Remote car starter interface kit for Audi Porsche and Volkswagen vehicles.
No programming required Key and additional cut-module required.
Modified key-cylinder bypass kit. Package includes a modified key-cylinder.
Data link provided for asynchronous communication with a datalink remote-starter through a single connector.
Package may include mandatory data link remote-starter. Another compatible data link remote-starter may be used.
Package only requires an 8-wire hookup to control everything with the CAN-SL.
No programming required Simplified and fool-proof installation instructions Estimated install and program time is less than 15 minutes (60 with remote-starter).
Compatible with Compustar (Firstech) cm4000 cm4200 and cm4200dx remote-starters.
Old 03-13-2014, 01:26 PM
johnneurauter
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just picked up a 2014 Cayenne Diesel, which does not have the keyless system. Does anyone know if the Porsche system can be added after the fact?

Quick Reply: Installing aftermarket keyless entry on 957 (Viper, AdvancedKeys, etc)