Sponsored by:

Water leak rear trunk pillar after rain

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2022, 03:19 AM
ulflun
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by PeterJim
Thank you! Dug out plenty of muck from both sides - in fact the first side I couldn't see a drain hole at all
Have the same issue. I have no sun roof. Can you please provide more details? Pictures? How do I remove the cover for the hinges?
Old 05-16-2022, 04:09 PM
Davebrossi
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 125 Likes on 102 Posts

Will update with pictures; the rear decklids' pistons are stored in a little cavity inside the roof of the car. In order to access them, the bottom portion of this cavity is made of a removable polystyrene plate with a bead of sealant around it. When water doesn't drain from this cavity due to the exposed drainage ports at the base of the hinges (which each have a plastic cover press fit in place over them) that water can leak from this access panel's seam. Essentially with the rear decklid raised, look for a plastic bracket that surrounds the piston on each side where they emerge from inside the body of the Cayenne. That plastic frame covers the drainage channel. They're held in place by metal studs and should slide off.

...again... pictures forthcoming...
Old 05-26-2022, 11:04 PM
reachme
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

keep in mind the roof racks are screwed in with bolts that have rubber grommets on them that get old over time.
water sits in the channel in the rear and when rubber gives up it drains into the car.

I replaced my roof tracks with clear vinyl wrap years ago and have not had an issue since, search my old threads from a few years ago I think I did a write up

Quick Reply: Water leak rear trunk pillar after rain