Sponsored by:

homelink garage door opener

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2013, 07:39 AM
Joseph O'Reilly
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dale59911
Just a thought, did you deprogram the default codes that are put in by Porsche? On my new one, I had to deprogram first then reprogram and it worked fine. It would not do it by just trying to reprogram.
thanks. yes, cleared the default codes, also got the front turn signals to blink three times on every attempt. it gives every indication that the programming has worked, but then it doesnt work. i will try the waving around on the roof thing soon, but not the bleeding arm trick. not dedicated enough.
Old 05-26-2015, 02:54 PM
kccrosser
2nd Gear

If you have a garage door opener that is an Intellicode I unit (many pre-2012 units), and you have a "universal remote" (perhaps a replacement remote), you are never going to get this to work.
Intellicode I units use 315 MHz, while Intellicode II units can use either/both 315 MHz and 390 MHz. Newer remotes "hunt" between 315 and 390 and it seems that Porsche's in-car system prefers the 390 MHz band, so it will grab the remote's info on the wrong band.
You need a single-frequency 315 MHz remote to program the car. I purchased a Genie Gitr-3 remote on Amazon for $18. On that remote, there is a button with one raised dot that transmits ONLY a 315 MHz Intellicode I signal.
I used that to program the car (per instructions, stand in front, press the button - ONLY the one-dot button). The car immediately connected to the opener and works with no problems. Note that you do not need to connect the new remote to the opener - the remote is only needed to "teach" the car the correct frequency and pattern.
Old 07-10-2015, 10:11 PM
docwyte
Rennlist Member

Received 526 Likes on 354 Posts

So I tried to program the Homelink (aka built in garage door opener) in my 2006 Cayenne today. No love! I was able to get the unit to reset, but when I tried to get it to recognize my opener, the light would only flash slowly, it never got the point where the light would flash quickly.

So I could never get the unit in the car to recognize the opener remote code. Never even got to the point where I could press the "learn" button my my opener motors...

I've successfully programmed these in past cars with no issues, what am I doing wrong?
Old 07-13-2015, 03:13 PM
Rob VN
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Been able to program garage door code twicw

I've been able to program the Cayenne opener twice, once when the car was new and last month when the garage door opener quit and had to be replaced. Clearing the code and putting the remote near the front of the car worked for me. Liftmaster garage opener in both cases.
Old 10-17-2015, 09:11 PM
MarktheShark
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Worked using both the remote and Learn button to program

Have a 2006 Cayenne and an old Genie Excellerator Garage Door Opener.
First programmed the Cayenne button using the Remote Control for the Garage Opener.
Then followed up with the Learn Button on the Powerhead and pressed the same opener on the Cayenne.
That did the trick after many other unsuccessful attempts.

-----------------------
2001 Boxster Spyder
2006 Cayenne S
1982 928
Old 10-19-2015, 11:56 AM
docwyte
Rennlist Member

So I emailed Homelink.com and asked them why my Homelink wasn't working. They told me my new openers (Liftmaster 8355/8500 with the yellow wire) require a Homelink Bridge. They offered one to me for free, I'll call them today and find out if I need one for each opener or not...
Old 10-19-2015, 06:20 PM
mtvp
Track Day

Default Garage door opener

Hi everyone.
I'm new to this site as well as a new to me ,2014 Cayenne Base Platinum Edition.
I cound not for the life of get the remote to be seen by the vehicle at all. Trying the up front radiator method as the owners manual states. So I went to my old GM Homelink way that has always worked. Hit the learn button the the overhead unit of the Chamberlain LiftMaster and pressed the one button in the overhead console. Done and done.

Last edited by mtvp; 10-25-2015 at 09:12 AM.
Old 10-19-2015, 08:46 PM
docwyte
Rennlist Member

Talked with the Homelink people today, I need that compatibility bridge module. One module will work for all three of my openers.

From what they said, the newer openers have a more sophisticated rolling code that the older Cayennes Homelink can't program....
Old 10-23-2015, 05:13 PM
docwyte
Rennlist Member

Installed the Homelink Capability Bridge box and it works perfectly. I was able to program the Homelink in the car and it opens all three of my doors.
Old 08-08-2016, 01:46 PM
tjrob2000
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The homelink in my 2006 CS is not programming. The LED always flashes slow. New battery in the remote, on the phone for over an hour with Homelink support - no go. I programmed our 2007 Infiniti last year to this same garage opener/remote without any issue. Problem with the homelink in the Porsche? Think I'll just get another remote to use with my motorcycle for now as this has been a PITA.
Old 08-08-2016, 04:58 PM
tjrob2000
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Homelink not programming - solved!

After over an hour on the phone with Homelink support their last recommendation was to try a new remote. Got a remote at Lowes and programmed it then started the programming of the car and it worked. I programmed the new remote for 315 MHz which is the frequency for our opener and should be the same freq for the older remote. Curious...
Old 10-19-2017, 10:00 PM
ebenke
Intermediate

Default New Batteries and Patience

Re: 2006 C4S - Well it took perseverance and replacing the batteries and realizing yellow wires/button equal purple wires/button on the LiftMaster Elite.

All preceding information in this thread gave me the patience to keep trying different things.

Quick Reply: homelink garage door opener