Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Range Rover Sport vs. Cayenne - Why did u buy Cayenne?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2013, 11:21 AM
sebis
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by endless_corners
...Also keep in mind those are both last generation models.
Second this, the latest generation for Porsche is night and day IMHO. I have driven both automatic and manual 2010 Cayenne GTS and comparing with the 2011+ generation, is a step back in time . Do yourself a favor and drive a used 2011 Cayenne S that can be had starting at 55K nicely equipped: Premium Plus, etc. Even the 2013 Diesel is a lot more fun to drive than a 2010 GTS, here, I said it!
Old 07-29-2013, 11:50 PM
kosmo
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

perhaps this is worth the wait:

"Autocar sources say the Range Rover Sport and Evoque will get RS designations, the supercharged V8 in the Sport RS getting cranked up to "at least" 542 horsepower..."
Old 07-30-2013, 08:46 AM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Will they get little bobble crowns on the dash is my question
Old 07-30-2013, 02:32 PM
AnchorRanch
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by billyg
Yo Ad, 1 of the best posts ever!
+1
Old 07-30-2013, 02:35 PM
AnchorRanch
Intermediate

I am driving 2013 CS. I wish the side mirrors were bigger and there was a special place for glassess.
Old 07-30-2013, 03:20 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by sebis
Second this, the latest generation for Porsche is night and day IMHO. I have driven both automatic and manual 2010 Cayenne GTS and comparing with the 2011+ generation, is a step back in time . Do yourself a favor and drive a used 2011 Cayenne S that can be had starting at 55K nicely equipped: Premium Plus, etc. Even the 2013 Diesel is a lot more fun to drive than a 2010 GTS, here, I said it!
958 is surely a step above... i never could appreciate the prior cayenne models because of cheap interiors and just cheap overall feel when driving..

bought first 958 sight unseen and when it came i was just exuberant.. drove amazing.. the new chassis' they are making are just phenomenal..

i would buy a v6 958 over even a turbo S 957... have many friends with previous model cayenne's and besides the rear window opening up, i have yet to find something about the 957 i like better..

reliability, safety, amazing mileage, large tank, decent accel, amazing comfort, great technology, and lots of storage space... the 958 is just an all around winner.
Old 07-30-2013, 03:47 PM
alexb76
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by sebis
Not in my budget and the rear end of the new gen looks incredibly fugly to me. It just looks unbalanced with strange curves here or there.

Also Cayenne has such a crazy depreciation that I rather wait. RR looks like a better bet anyways.

PS. U can't even imagine why Cayenne is offered with V6. Diesel, yes, but the V6 is seriously under powered.
Old 07-30-2013, 10:03 PM
rc2080
Intermediate

V6 is fine for city driving.. the Cayenne's handling makes it still pretty fun and better than most SUVs. It's not like I plan on taking my V6 out to the tracks or anything..
Old 07-30-2013, 10:21 PM
westy66
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rijowysock

i would buy a v6 958 over even a turbo S 957... have many friends with previous model cayenne's and besides the rear window opening up, i have yet to find something about the 957 i like better..

This is rediculous. I have driven both and I agree the 958 chassis is great, but I would never trade it for the v6. I drive a 957 turbo btw
Old 07-30-2013, 11:10 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by westy66
This is rediculous. I have driven both and I agree the 958 chassis is great, but I would never trade it for the v6. I drive a 957 turbo btw
just a personal preference... i value the chassis and interior and technology more than that added HP.. because the chassis/interior/tech always come into play and the hp only comes into place occasionally when "you need it"..

again, a personal preference.. some people love driving 996turbo's but i would take a base 991 over that any day.. i bought a 997turbo... and in all honesty i wish i put that same money into a deposit on the 991GT3.. but too late now... maybe i'm a technology *****... i'm surely an amazing chassis *****... and the 958 chassis is just amazing.
Old 07-30-2013, 11:46 PM
Cole
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Thumbs down

just a personal preference... i value the chassis and interior and technology more than that added HP.. because the chassis/interior/tech always come into play and the hp only comes into place occasionally when "you need it"..

again, a personal preference.. some people love driving 996turbo's but i would take a base 991 over that any day.. i bought a 997turbo... and in all honesty i wish i put that same money into a deposit on the 991GT3.. but too late now... maybe i'm a technology *****... i'm surely an amazing chassis *****... and the 958 chassis is just amazing.
I've had to apply for some govt supported welfare to easy the suffering I've had to undure while driving an "old" Cayenne Turbo. I can't believe that people used to pay real money to experience this type of torture.

Obviously they did not feed the free range cows the same quality of food since the the full leather interior is just torture despite it being "barb wire free scarless leather" The navigation and Bose sound system has been driving me crazy. How the **** did people survive with only 11 speakers?!!!!

I could go on but I don't think its appropriate to make you listen to how I've suffered with 12 forward gears with a.....dare I say it?....."transfer case"!!!!...instead of 8 all perfectly contained inside one transmission!

Old 07-31-2013, 12:48 AM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Cole
I've had to apply for some govt supported welfare to easy the suffering I've had to undure while driving an "old" Cayenne Turbo. I can't believe that people used to pay real money to experience this type of torture.

Obviously they did not feed the free range cows the same quality of food since the the full leather interior is just torture despite it being "barb wire free scarless leather" The navigation and Bose sound system has been driving me crazy. How the **** did people survive with only 11 speakers?!!!!

I could go on but I don't think its appropriate to make you listen to how I've suffered with 12 forward gears with a.....dare I say it?....."transfer case"!!!!...instead of 8 all perfectly contained inside one transmission!

haha, dont take it personal... it's a personal opinion.. FWIW your pics sold me on the cayenne to begin with... i was getting a 10' but local dealer was a dick to deal with... so i waited and ordered the 11'.

everyone has their preferences.. none of us are correct.. they are just preferences and opinions.,..
Old 07-31-2013, 12:55 AM
Cole
Drifting

haha, dont take it personal... it's a personal opinion.. FWIW your pics sold me on the cayenne to begin with... i was getting a 10' but local dealer was a dick to deal with... so i waited and ordered the 11'.

everyone has their preferences.. none of us are correct.. they are just preferences and opinions.,..

I'd just prefer to have a Porsche quicker than a Camary. The new and improved V6 only gets to 60 mph in a pathetic 7.4 seconds....which gets seriously SMOKED by a Camary V6
Old 07-31-2013, 01:54 AM
endless_corners
Rennlist Member

Yeah Camry v6 is a 5.7 to 60 car and 14sec 1/4 mile. But it's a faaken Camry appliance. Don't care if it beats me. Would make me laugh. A lot of cars are faster than SUVs. The cayenne is about so much more than raw acceleration. With that said though. A turbo 957 with pdcc can be had for $40k which is a lot of car for the money.
Old 07-31-2013, 09:25 AM
kosmo
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

camary? camery? camry?
I call it creamery.

Quick Reply: Range Rover Sport vs. Cayenne - Why did u buy Cayenne?