Sponsored by:

New front brakes for 2010 Cayenne V6

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2013, 10:23 PM
gtmaster303
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New front brakes for 2010 Cayenne V6

Hey guys, I'm in the market for some new front rotors and pads, as the stock ones are about done now with 31k miles

What is the rotor size for my car? The calipers are yellow (if that matters)
I can't find the information in the manual at all
They are either 350mm or 330mm from what I've researched

Attached you will find a picture of car if it helps...
Attached Images  
Old 07-18-2013, 10:23 AM
XR4Tim
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

They are 330mm on the 957 V6.
Old 07-18-2013, 10:48 AM
ECS Tuning
Former Vendor

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Welcome gtmaster303. I love the white Cayenne. The Yellow calipers are usually associated with PCCB's, but the they weren't offered in the V6 until 2011 so I suspect someone painted them. We offer a few different brake kits that include everything you need. For more information Click Here. If you have any questions just let me know and I'll be happy to answer them.
Old 07-22-2013, 11:48 AM
gtmaster303
Advanced

Thanks for the help guys. Yes, they are 330mm for the front and rear.
Ray Catena in Edison, NJ is stupid. The parts department told me the front rotor size is 17 inches. I told the guy that's physically impossible. After putting me on hold to go measure the rotor physically, he came back with 330mm (13 inches).

I called a local shop and they will do front brakes for $950 parts and labor.
Parts alone are $700
Much to his disapproval (working in the auto industry for 30 years he said) I ordered a Powerstop brake kit with ceramic pads from rockauto.com for $174 shipped after coupon.
I have cruised around on many different forums and have yet to find someone say anything bad about these brakes. Nissan Maxima/Titan, BMW, Infiniti G35, Lexus IS, Honda Odyssey and a few other forums have all said these brakes are good. They can't all be wrong, can they?
Anyway, I'll update with pictures and thoughts along the way.

I have ordered the blank rotor kit, as opposed to their slotted and drilled rotors as some people have mentioned that there is some noise (which is normal) but I'd rather not have.

TL DR: Giving Powerstop brakes a go. Will post back with pics and impressions. Open to any suggestions or opinions

Last edited by gtmaster303; 07-23-2013 at 12:33 AM.
Old 07-22-2013, 01:02 PM
endless_corners
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I am def going with Hawk brake pads next go around.
Old 07-25-2013, 12:35 PM
gtmaster303
Advanced

So I got my rotors and pads yesterday. Shipping was really fast.
The rotors themselves are quite substantial. About 25lbs each, just vented. Not drilled or slotted as I said before. They are made in China.
Here's a couple pictures for you guys...

In the box: pads, rotors, sensors, instructions, and a neat little magnet.
I'm going to have my family friend install them for me in his driveway. I'll try to snap more pics along the way.

My initial plan was to build my own kit from Advance Auto Parts using Wearever brand stuff (advance auto house brand) because they had a discount going on. But I found this kit instead for around the same price.
Before any performance purist attacks me, please note this is NOT my performance car. I don't take it to the track (with a V6 Cayenne, yea right...) or do anything extreme with it. I just want brakes that will work for daily driving and cheap. It's the family car for popping around town. Now that doesn't mean I want crap brakes. To my knowledge and research, these seem to be pretty good. I will keep you updated for anyone that's interested (if anyone at all).
Attached Images       
Old 08-04-2013, 07:50 PM
gtmaster303
Advanced

New pads and rotors are on and I've been using them for almost 2 weeks now.
Sorry guys, I didn't get any pictures of the install as my dad got it done before I could...
I must say these brakes are amazing. Quite close to stock, if not better. I'm no performance junkie or track guy, but I have no complaints so far for daily driving. And brake dust is very minimal. Covered nearly 1000 miles so far, and no signs of dust.

My main concern was how they would perform in the rain, but they have been faultless so far.
Thumbs up to power stop! Wish I knew about the brand sooner
If you have any questions, let me know. I'll try to answer them.
In addition, I've learned that you have about 1000 miles from when the brake pad indicator comes on to when you have to get the brakes done. Mine were almost completely gone when my mechanic took them off.
Grand total: $174 parts + $80 labor = $254
Old 03-26-2017, 11:25 AM
DrackMuse
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gtmaster303
New pads and rotors are on and I've been using them for almost 2 weeks now.
Sorry guys, I didn't get any pictures of the install as my dad got it done before I could...
I must say these brakes are amazing. Quite close to stock, if not better. I'm no performance junkie or track guy, but I have no complaints so far for daily driving. And brake dust is very minimal. Covered nearly 1000 miles so far, and no signs of dust.

My main concern was how they would perform in the rain, but they have been faultless so far.
Thumbs up to power stop! Wish I knew about the brand sooner
If you have any questions, let me know. I'll try to answer them.
In addition, I've learned that you have about 1000 miles from when the brake pad indicator comes on to when you have to get the brakes done. Mine were almost completely gone when my mechanic took them off.
Grand total: $174 parts + $80 labor = $254
Hey GT! I'm new to Rennlist and late to this thread. Nice Cayenne AND Jag I also own an XF). Anyway, I was just wondering how the brake kit worked out for you over time because I'm looking to purchase this kit for my Cayenne. Let me know.
Old 03-27-2017, 02:16 AM
gtmaster303
Advanced

Originally Posted by DrackMuse
Hey GT! I'm new to Rennlist and late to this thread. Nice Cayenne AND Jag I also own an XF). Anyway, I was just wondering how the brake kit worked out for you over time because I'm looking to purchase this kit for my Cayenne. Let me know.
lucky I saw your post. I usually am not on rennlist regularly.
Kit worked out fine. At 62k miles now and fronts are due again. So they've lasted about as long as stock setup. Quite consistent. Maybe a bit longer. Been driving around with the light on for about 3 months now and put 2k more on. Light came on at 60k. Pads still have a little life left. Maybe 3-4k
Rotors look great and aren't grooved at all. But I will be replacing them anyway just to prevent any headaches
I actually went a lot cheaper this time. For daily driving the cheap stuff works just fine
Built my own kit on rockauto
Got centric rotors, Monroe pro solution pads with sensors. All parts for about $100. This time went with semi metallic. I feel like the pedal feel and brake bite will be better.
I have no regrets with the power stop kit. Great way to get your feet wet with cheaper parts.
I would also recommend to get any rotors. If they're not slotted or drilled, most blanks will perform the same under normal use. That's my experience. I always replace. They're cheap anyway
Let me know if you have additional questions. Feel free to pm as well so I get s notification
I'll post back on how my new brakes turned out people pay more for brake jobs on their Camry's and accords lol. Let them. Keeps these cars exclusive for us

Quick Reply: New front brakes for 2010 Cayenne V6