Sponsored by:

Leistung Motorsports?!?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2013, 10:14 AM
Chris@Fabspeed
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 4ocious
There has been a lot of posts related to this problem and you've been aware of it for quite a while. Why didn't you correct it earlier, why did you continue to say it's not a problem (I asked about it before I bought mine and was assured it had been fixed), why did you continue to sell a defective product, why has it taken this long for you to acknowledge it, why would you place your reputation in jeopardy over this, and how are you planning to rectify/correct this for those of us stuck with this problem?

It's so bad in my case my neighbor across the street asked me if there was something wrong with my exhaust when I stated my Cayenne in my garage.
4ocious,

I was not involved at all in the development of this product. I only have been made aware of the problem in the last few months, and Cayenne's are not coming into and out of our shop all of the time. When the last one came in, I made sure to inspect everything fully and came to the conclusion that I did. Why this was not done from the very beginning, I cannot answer that question. It is not a problem on every Cayenne and I think that is why the issue wasn't red flagged. We are not selling a defective product - it performs as advertised and many are very happy with the product and the availability (always in stock). We would be happy to repair any pipes that are rubbing in house, but it may be easier for owners to sand/grind/cut the hanger rod 3/16" shorter on the very end themselves. I am simply making all aware of the issue and the fix, which was incorrectly said to be that the bracket holding the rod was in the wrong location.
Old 10-12-2013, 05:34 PM
4ocious
Three Wheelin'

Received 161 Likes on 111 Posts
Default Will Fabspeed Fix This Problem?

Chris,

Thank you for your response. I'm within 4 hours driving distance from your shop. If I drive to Fabspeed please confirm Fabspeed will correct and or replace (to my satisfaction) the exhaust we've been discussing at no cost to me. And, would you extend the same offer to the others who purchased "earlier" versions of your secondary cat delete pipes? Please respond to this question. Thanks.

Last edited by 4ocious; 10-13-2013 at 11:41 AM.
Old 10-14-2013, 11:53 AM
4ocious
Three Wheelin'

Bump
Old 10-14-2013, 11:55 AM
Chris@Fabspeed
Former Vendor

Chris,

Thank you for your response. I'm within 4 hours driving distance from your shop. If I drive to Fabspeed please confirm Fabspeed will correct and or replace (to my satisfaction) the exhaust we've been discussing at no cost to me. And, would you extend the same offer to the others who purchased "earlier" versions of your secondary cat delete pipes? Please respond to this question. Thanks.
I'm not sure what is meant by "to your satisfaction" as that is really open ended, but if we scheduled you in, we would remove your bypass pipes, sand the ends of the hanger rods down by 3/16", and re-install for you at no charge.
Old 10-14-2013, 12:30 PM
4ocious
Three Wheelin'

Hi Chris,

Thanks for responding. "To my satisfaction" means demonstrating to me that your fix solved my vibration problem and that it will never occur again. Overall I'm pleased with the results of this mod but the vibration and the noise it creates can't be ignored. I will call to schedule my GTS for service. And as noted in this thread does your offer also extend to the others with same issue? Can they remove and send their exhaust to you for the same no cost repair? Thanks.
Old 10-14-2013, 12:33 PM
Chris@Fabspeed
Former Vendor

Hi Chris,

Thanks for responding. "To my satisfaction" means demonstrating to me that your fix solved my vibration problem and that it will never occur again. Overall I'm pleased with the results of this mod but the vibration and the noise it creates can't be ignored. I will call to schedule my GTS for service. And as noted in this thread does your offer also extend to the others with same issue? Can they remove and send their exhaust to you for the same no cost repair? Thanks.
In that case yes I can say we will resolve your issue to your satisfaction.

Yes the offer extends to others, if you send us your catbypass pipes we will shorten the hanger rod by 3/16" and not charge any labor to do this.
Old 02-01-2014, 10:10 PM
MachinegunT
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MMRBengalKnight
Leistung motorsports is back... email them directly, it's much faster and reliable than calling them directly.
You sure about that? Ordered bypass pipes 3 weeks ago and had zero response back? Sent several emails and left phone messages! One thing they sure as hell are quick about is processing payments!! I have just about had it with these clowns! It appears as though I am going to have to contact my CC company and do a charge-back! All I wanted to know in my emails and phone messages was when they could ship? Very poor service indeed!

Quick Reply: Leistung Motorsports?!?