Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bluetooth for phone (and iPod connection) options?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2015, 02:00 PM
James Yoo
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rbaron
Addendum: Per the Jabra website it appears the Cruiser2 has been superseded by the Freeway, so if anyone has experience with that and wishes to chime in, well, feel Free.

Also, I am curious: if these devices are affixed to the sun visor, how do they work when the sun visor must be lowered? I seem to be driving into the sun a good portion of each morning and evening.
I have a freeway and the phone part of it works well. It does attach to the visor, but the mic doesn't pick up that well the visor is down. The speaker is pretty loud and the other party seems to hear me fine. The FM transmitter portion is a joke when in the city. Only time it works ok is out in the middle of nowhere. Pretty weak transmitter.

The one annoyance I have when connected with bluetooth is that unless I remember to disconnect after I get out of the car, it stays connected so I miss calls and messages, or until I'm out of range. For whatever reason, my phone when connected through bluetooth, only rings through the bluetooth. Probably more of an issue with me than the device.
Old 06-23-2015, 02:05 PM
James Yoo
Advanced

Originally Posted by DWC in Sedona
I've been planning to install an iSimple Tranzit FM transmitter; good reviews and it hardwires into the antenna connector instead of transmitting a weak FM signal. Needs Euro antenna adapters as well. I used their iPod connector in a different vehicle and it was a solid product.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...f_rd_i=desktop
This looks interesting! I haven't heard of ones like these before. I may go ahead and pick one up. I've been wanting to switch out head units only to add bluetooth and phone support. It was just hard justifying spending that much just for those features. I picked up the Jabra Freeway as a interim solution while back which has at least been meeting my needs for phone.
Old 06-23-2015, 04:11 PM
mtnrat
Drifting

Received 549 Likes on 346 Posts

Is this the correct adapter?
Amazon.com: Metra 40EU30 2002-Up VW/BMW/European Vehicle Antenna Adapter Cable Kit-Add CD with FM Modulator: Car Electronics Amazon.com: Metra 40EU30 2002-Up VW/BMW/European Vehicle Antenna Adapter Cable Kit-Add CD with FM Modulator: Car Electronics
Old 06-25-2015, 06:13 PM
rbaron
Racer

The Freeway was delivered yesterday and so far I can't find an open FM frequency without so much static that the idea of listening to music via FM streaming is an impossibility. I am not talking about an FM frequency that is occupied by a local station (or near to one), I just can't find an open, quiet FM frequency. I'm thinking it may be in the Porsche Communicator but whatever it is, it makes the Freeway basically useless for the main use I had in mind.

Quick Reply: Bluetooth for phone (and iPod connection) options?