Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Water Leaking into Drivers Footwell - Please help!

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2013, 10:11 AM
Lion Heart
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Water Leaking into Drivers Footwell - Please help!

Hi Guys

My 2003 Cayenne is right hand drive (UK) and I've noticed when removing the foot mats recently that the carpet is sopping wet in the footwell of the drivers side (right) front.

Bit worried on this one!! Has anyone experienced this before or know what it is before I start pulling things apart in vain?
Old 06-24-2013, 10:12 AM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,410 Likes on 2,516 Posts

https://rennlist.com/forums/porsche-...fter-rain.html
Old 06-24-2013, 07:29 PM
Seattle996
Instructor

Received 42 Likes on 17 Posts

Dont stress.. easy fix and just happened to me recently. The rubber hose for the ac gets clogged with leaves and other little stuff, causes it to drip right where you mentioned. Just get it cleaned out and increase the slits for the drain to allow for things to go through. Its up behind the glove compartment I think, my dealership did it quickly for free. Search and you will find this is common..
Old 06-24-2013, 07:37 PM
Orantes
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That A/C outlet is on the passenger side of RHD Cayennes. I know this from unclogging the outlet myself. I have not heard of water into the driver's side of a RHD Cayenne unless there is a second outlet?
Old 06-25-2013, 06:11 AM
Lion Heart
Intermediate

Hi Guys

Yes, it's a right hand drive car and the leak is into the right hand front (drivers side) footwell.

Is this still likely to be the issue LexVan mentions above with the blocked up drainage holes by the corners of the wings on the outside of the car?
Old 06-25-2013, 06:23 AM
virkdoc
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Lion heart I had the same issue and solved it.....clean out the drain pipe from the sun roof and also clean out the drain plug from the wheel well....did it rain recently?
Old 06-25-2013, 06:29 AM
Lion Heart
Intermediate

Where is the drain pipe for the sunrof located? Is it easy to access?

Not rained recently, but may have happened before I got it as I did not notice until I pulled the floor mats out. Does not smell of screenwash, so I'm gusessing either a blockage, or otherwise the aircon - but it seems most people say that drips into the passenger side rather than drivers side.
Old 06-25-2013, 08:51 AM
virkdoc
Racer

Its ur sunroof pipe......take out the A pillar trim you will see the pipe....see my post which Lexvan has provided a link to....follow the ipie downwards and then it kinda turns into a rubber nipple into the firewall...pull it out and fill water from the top(edge of the sunroof) and see if it trickles out....if not then this pipe is blocked.....clean it out....and then jack the car up....remove the wheel, remove the wheel well liner and you will see another rubber drain plug...take it out and clean the rubber plug and flush the hole out
Old 06-27-2013, 05:40 PM
Farmer Michael
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Screenwash!

Could be the pipe for the rear screen washer. On my 2003 CS I could hear water running out when I activated the rear screen wash. There is a joiner in the pipe at the bottom of the right hand A-post which in the case of mine had become blocked and come apart and spilt the water in the interior via the fuse box according to the mechanic that fixed it. It was apparently a sod to sort out so I'm glad I didn't tackle that one myself!

Michael
Old 06-27-2013, 10:21 PM
virkdoc
Racer

Originally Posted by Farmer Michael
Could be the pipe for the rear screen washer. On my 2003 CS I could hear water running out when I activated the rear screen wash. There is a joiner in the pipe at the bottom of the right hand A-post which in the case of mine had become blocked and come apart and spilt the water in the interior via the fuse box according to the mechanic that fixed it. It was apparently a sod to sort out so I'm glad I didn't tackle that one myself!

Michael
could be possible.....with me it was only after a heavy rain did the water collect on the mat so the washer pipe was out of the equation.
Old 07-01-2013, 07:46 AM
Lion Heart
Intermediate

Hi Michael

Thanks for that! Was the joint in the lower part of the right hand A-Post (as in just above the dash board), or was it at the bottom (i.e. next to where you right foot sits)?

Quick Reply: Water Leaking into Drivers Footwell - Please help!