Sponsored by:

Some 2014 Cayenne GTS observations

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2013, 09:38 AM
scott40
Rennlist Member

Received 67 Likes on 43 Posts
Default Some 2014 Cayenne GTS observations

My dealer is urging me to order a new GTS and trade in my S. They gave me one for the weekend to drive. There are a few things that are either new or set up differently than my car that seem a little irritating. Every time I get in the car, the HVAC system comes on in auto mode set at 68. No matter what I set it to upon exit. I like it left where I set it. Have auto setting disabled, still does it. Is this a fixed setting?

The sports exhaust sounds great, but you only really experience it in sport mode, which also degrades fuel consumption. It sounds like a valved system. Can't it be set up to always be open and functional outside of sport mode?

Air suspension- I'm +/- on this. I may in the minority in liking my stock suspension. I bet the stock system is more trouble free.

What is the little speed limit sign that comes up in the dash at the top? What is that- big brother telling me to slow down? I would have to deactivate that.

Nice car though.
Old 06-17-2013, 11:15 AM
endless_corners
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Pimp out a diesel if you really want to focus on fuel economy. Will driving in sport mode really make a huge difference in net fuel economy?

Last edited by endless_corners; 06-17-2013 at 08:53 PM.
Old 06-17-2013, 05:05 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

eeeeuuuuuuuu
Old 06-17-2013, 05:19 PM
Porsche 25th
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts

The speed limit sign in the multi function display can be turned off somewhere in the preferences labyrinth. I actually just turned mine on; seems like there are fewer speed limit signs but more cops collecting revenue....errrrr I mean enhancing traffic safety!
Old 06-17-2013, 06:35 PM
scott40
Rennlist Member

Received 67 Likes on 43 Posts

What about the HVAC?
Old 06-17-2013, 07:47 PM
Dr.Bill
Race Car

Received 719 Likes on 394 Posts

I've driven my wife's a couple times. The A/C remembers the last setting. It's some setting in the PCM. Can't remember what I did to fix that. Still waiting on the owner's manual as the first owner decided he needed to keep them! Why a pro ball player would want the manuals and luggage compartment cover is beyond my comprehension. Although, he did add some nice HRE wheels.
Old 06-17-2013, 08:48 PM
blackland
Rennlist Member

Received 437 Likes on 254 Posts

Just wondering where do they get the extra 29 HP from the same engine as the S? Is it all programing and the sport exhaust.
Old 06-17-2013, 08:51 PM
endless_corners
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

found this online
"To make work easier for the naturally aspirated eight-cylinder engine, the engineers increased the lift of the intake valves by one millimetre to eleven millimetres. The new camshaft required as a result has steeper and higher cams, the valve springs also being strengthened. The valve timing has also been completely reworked as well as the entire engine control. The crank shaft now turns a further five degrees before the intakes and outlets open and shut respectively."
Old 06-17-2013, 11:43 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,528 Likes on 1,575 Posts

Its remembering the settings via the key. Can be adjusted to not do this, or set to your preference when you open.

Don't ask me how...mine's not here yet.. LOL
Old 06-17-2013, 11:44 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by scott40
My dealer is urging me to order a new GTS and trade in my S. They gave me one for the weekend to drive. There are a few things that are either new or set up differently than my car that seem a little irritating. Every time I get in the car, the HVAC system comes on in auto mode set at 68. No matter what I set it to upon exit. I like it left where I set it. Have auto setting disabled, still does it. Is this a fixed setting?

The sports exhaust sounds great, but you only really experience it in sport mode, which also degrades fuel consumption. It sounds like a valved system. Can't it be set up to always be open and functional outside of sport mode?

Air suspension- I'm +/- on this. I may in the minority in liking my stock suspension. I bet the stock system is more trouble free.

What is the little speed limit sign that comes up in the dash at the top? What is that- big brother telling me to slow down? I would have to deactivate that.

Nice car though.
If you buy a 2014, it will have a separate button for the sport exhaust.
Old 06-18-2013, 01:48 AM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

the AC setting is in the pcm.. u can have your desired temp always, or have what you had before shutting off..

i'm sure could open the sport exhaust valves all the time, either it's a vacuum line.. or electric.. i would assume vacuum like 997.

speed limit is in the GPS settings... go into dash, nav settings and it will ask if you want speed limit shown.. if it's another warning besides what the current speed limit is... then it's got an alarm set for certain speed.. i liked the speed limit signs, they help when you just dont know.. and were surprisingly accurate.
Old 06-18-2013, 08:54 AM
4ocious
Three Wheelin'

Received 161 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by RayDBonz
I've driven my wife's a couple times. The A/C remembers the last setting. It's some setting in the PCM. Can't remember what I did to fix that. Still waiting on the owner's manual as the first owner decided he needed to keep them! Why a pro ball player would want the manuals and luggage compartment cover is beyond my comprehension. Although, he did add some nice HRE wheels.
Sell them on eBAY.
Old 07-18-2013, 11:19 AM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Received 961 Likes on 456 Posts

Ive said the same thing about the sport exhaust on my 13. I'm probably just going to have to do some work to have the flaps open all the time. Otherwise, I love the damn car. Its a hoot.
Old 08-03-2013, 07:06 PM
Zayn
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just picked up my 2014 GTS yesterday, it has a separate sports exhaust button on it.
Old 08-03-2013, 11:10 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Needsdecaf
If you buy a 2014, it will have a separate button for the sport exhaust.
Originally Posted by Zayn
I just picked up my 2014 GTS yesterday, it has a separate sports exhaust button on it.
Echo...echo....echo.

Quick Reply: Some 2014 Cayenne GTS observations