Sponsored by:

Some 2014 Cayenne GTS observations

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2013, 11:54 PM
philg3
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by rijowysock
speed limit is in the GPS settings... go into dash, nav settings and it will ask if you want speed limit shown.. if it's another warning besides what the current speed limit is... then it's got an alarm set for certain speed.. i liked the speed limit signs, they help when you just dont know.. and were surprisingly accurate.
In multifunction display under vehicle / settings / display / top line, you can set the display to show different info such as miles to empty, other choices available, or to leave it blank. Similar setting choices for bottom line are available (temp / time for instance). Mine came with the miles to empty, I changed it to speed limit, tried to change it back (the miles to empty is checked) but the speed limit always shows up. I will try the nav settings tomorrow as suggested above. Asked my service advisor, he didn't know, and suggested I bring it in -- scheduled for Tuesday, but looks like I can get it solved in the mean time. Looks like the nav may be overriding the display settings.

Update: Tried the NAV/Map settings, and it just affects the speed limit on the NAV; not on the multi-function display. Will take it to the dealer on Tuesday. BTW, mile to empty shows up on residential roads, but when you get onto a main road, the speed limit shows up.

Last edited by philg3; 08-04-2013 at 03:33 PM.

Quick Reply: Some 2014 Cayenne GTS observations