Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Squeaking panorama roof

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2015, 04:49 PM
hahnmgh63
Three Wheelin'

Received 59 Likes on 54 Posts

This one saved me. I was hating my Panoramic until this. I used a Felt pad on the drives side at first and it took about half the sound away. I then went back a few weeks later and added another to the drives side and one to the Passenger side and it is all quiet now. This word needs to get out to everyone with the Panoramic. I lubricated my tracks, seals, felt pads under the headliner this was all I needed. The sound never sounded like it was coming from the two front corners, it always sounded like it was more centralized. What a relief.
Old 03-24-2015, 05:33 PM
TomF
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 153 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by koolkat1973
GREAT GREAT POST!!! I did this on both side of my panoramic roof and the most annoying squeaking noise is now gone. Thank you.
I did this as well and noticed that someone had placed a piece of felt in the wrong place on the driver's side. I suspect it was the Porsche dealer as they told me the CTT had been in a couple of times about the squeaking.

I hope the fix lasts!

Cheers,
TomF
Old 12-03-2015, 11:07 AM
primm907
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It works! The squeaking and creaking were really beginning to take their toll on me and sucking a high level of enjoyment out of driving the Cayenne. Did the fix documented via link in post #12, and it took away at least 80% of the noise. Some of the remaining sound may actually be due to the other things I had tried previously. Now I may need to go back and remove the ~50 pieces of felt scattered across the entire front of the sunroof!
Old 12-03-2015, 01:11 PM
TomF
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by primm907
It works! The squeaking and creaking were really beginning to take their toll on me and sucking a high level of enjoyment out of driving the Cayenne. Did the fix documented via link in post #12, and it took away at least 80% of the noise. Some of the remaining sound may actually be due to the other things I had tried previously. Now I may need to go back and remove the ~50 pieces of felt scattered across the entire front of the sunroof!
Great! The seals regularly need to be cleaned and lubricated or they will squeak terribly. I have to clean and lube the seal between the two rear panes of glass today.

Cheers,
TomF
Old 12-03-2015, 01:37 PM
primm907
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TomF
Great! The seals regularly need to be cleaned and lubricated or they will squeak terribly. I have to clean and lube the seal between the two rear panes of glass today.

Cheers,
TomF
Tom, would you mind typing up a quick description on exactly your process for lubing the roof and what product you use?

Thanks!
Old 12-03-2015, 11:56 PM
hahnmgh63
Three Wheelin'

Received 59 Likes on 54 Posts

I use Dow Corning 111 grease. It is a 100% Silicone grease and works great on Rubber since it is a non-petroleum grease.
Old 12-04-2015, 11:29 AM
TomF
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by hahnmgh63
I use Dow Corning 111 grease. It is a 100% Silicone grease and works great on Rubber since it is a non-petroleum grease.
+1 Ten minutes of lubing the seals makes all the difference in the world.

No squeaks and the Pano roof operates flawlessly. Sometimes when the seals stick together, the roof computer gets confused and shuts it down. Ten minutes and no problems.

Cheers,
TomF

Quick Reply: Squeaking panorama roof