Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 Series I
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

brake job on 2013 V6

Old 04-17-2013, 07:58 PM
YRUNVS
User

Default brake job on 2013 V6

Folks, I have seen some excellent tutorials on replacing pad and rotors on this forum and was all set to be able to handle the task when it comes up. Just took delivery a couple of weeks ago. However upon further examination of the base brake calipers, there does not appear to be a means to remove the pads without removing the caliper. Could be wrong, but they do not appear to have the single bolt that holds down the retention spring which gives easy removal of the pads through the opening in the top of the calipers??? Can anyone shed some light? Looked at RennTech and nothing appears to be listed for the 958 base or anyother for that matter. Thanks Doug
Old 04-17-2013, 11:57 PM
grohgreg
User

Interesting question, for which I have no answer. Reason being, is that I've never ever changed brake pads without first removing the caliper. I can however speculate. Perhaps Porsche is serious when they suggest changing pads and rotors at the same time.

//greg//

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: brake job on 2013 V6

Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: