Sponsored by:

Partial leather seats and leather interior

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2013, 03:42 AM
Hud99
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Partial leather seats and leather interior

Guys, take a look at the photo below from the configurator. What is the difference between the partial leather seats and the partial leather seats with leather interior? What extras do you get with the leather interior? Is it the leather with stitching on dashboard and around the PCM?

I'm confused because in the configurator, there is another interior option for leather trim.

Name:  image-2011382784.jpg
Views: 3969
Size:  115.5 KB
Old 04-01-2013, 09:15 AM
dale59911
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The leather packages under the "interior leather" option are basically along the trim panels on the doors and the glove box. Standard is a black plastic. The extended leather (also in the leather interior options list, gives you leather on a few more spots. By each option, just click on the little i icon and it will tell you what it includes.

The standard seat in the Cayenne is fake leather and from what I can tell, the other areas in the vehicle, like the dash etc are also done in this fake leather. Clicking Partial leather Seats and leather interior, gets rid of all the pleather (plastic leather). The best way to see it is to get the configurator display into 3D mode. (You might have to download a plug in) Then go into full screen mode and click on the interior icon. You get the same HD view that the dealer has on their display. The leather interior is probably a "must have". The other leather interior options are very pricey IMHO.

Hope this helps.
Old 04-01-2013, 12:51 PM
endless_corners
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Just make sure not to see one with full leather everything if you don't choose it. Because the base looks pretty good until you see what you are missing. Then the base looks decidedly lower rent.
Old 04-01-2013, 02:30 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,596 Likes on 1,614 Posts

Originally Posted by dale59911

The standard seat in the Cayenne is fake leather
Hope this helps.
I don't think this is correct?
Old 04-01-2013, 02:51 PM
TAch Miami
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

+1 The seat inserts are real leather and the side bolsters and rest of the seat are real vinyl.
Old 04-01-2013, 02:51 PM
XR4Tim
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Needsdecaf
I don't think this is correct?
I don't think so either. At least I've never seen it. As I understand it, base would come with leather seating surfaces, and steering wheel, but that's about it.
Old 04-01-2013, 03:22 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Hud99
Guys, take a look at the photo below from the configurator. What is the difference between the partial leather seats and the partial leather seats with leather interior? What extras do you get with the leather interior? Is it the leather with stitching on dashboard and around the PCM?

I'm confused because in the configurator, there is another interior option for leather trim.
I have the 14 way seats with leather interior. The seating surfaces including the front of the headrests are leather as is the steering wheel rim, the trim at the top of the door panels, the door arm rests, the top of the center console storage bin, the bottom half of the entire center console, and most of the top of the dashboard including the hood over the gauge cluster.

The standard layout has leather on the seating surfaces and the steering wheel.

Last edited by Mike in CA; 04-02-2013 at 04:51 PM. Reason: sp

Quick Reply: Partial leather seats and leather interior