Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2013, 02:38 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,528 Likes on 1,575 Posts

Originally Posted by EnigmaWmn
It's very easy once you've seen both of your color choices in person

Seen them both in person. To me, the few times I've seen the blue I've been left wanting for something darker and richer. As I said, BMW's Imperial Blue has spoiled me.

I really want the blue, but the Umber is more practical as well as a bit more unique.

The problem is, Cayennes are so so rare on the ground around here in colors other than black, white, silver or gray that it's hard to get the two side by side.
Old 03-17-2013, 03:16 PM
Hud99
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Agree. BMW has better color choices, deeper and richer across their palettes but p-cars handles better. Black looks sporty and regal at the same time but a pain to maintain. Silver hides dirt longer but looks too plain and light. Oh well.
Old 03-17-2013, 03:18 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Hud99
Agree. BMW has better color choices, deeper and richer across their palettes but p-cars handles better. Black looks sporty and regal at the same time but a pain to maintain. Silver hides dirt longer but looks too plain and light. Oh well.
Agreed on all.

I think Jet Black would be my choice if I didn't live in the Republic Of Texas. Between the heat and the dust....not a great choice.

Blue...well, it should be better. Somewhat.
Old 03-17-2013, 04:01 PM
Joseph O'Reilly
Instructor

Originally Posted by Needsdecaf
Seen them both in person. To me, the few times I've seen the blue I've been left wanting for something darker and richer. As I said, BMW's Imperial Blue has spoiled me.

I really want the blue, but the Umber is more practical as well as a bit more unique.

The problem is, Cayennes are so so rare on the ground around here in colors other than black, white, silver or gray that it's hard to get the two side by side.
Funny, but a BMW guy down the street was just saying how great he thinks the Porsche dark blue metallic looks- he has the imperial blue on his bmw. I agree with whomever commented that the best dark blues have as little purple in them as possible- more grey-blue or "pure" blue. With the cancellation of the auburn red option, i just realized that since there was only about a 6 month overlap between the introduction of the diesel S and the availability of auburn red, i could have probably ordered the only auburn diesel S in germany (maybe even the only one anywhere). i suspect around 1 in 1000 german cayennes are auburn red. anyway, too late now. somehow i am not really regretting it!
Old 03-17-2013, 06:02 PM
YRUNVS
Advanced

Mahogany metallic is now available, Arrgh!! I have always wanted a brown car and hoped I would be able to order my Cayenne in this color and now that it is on the ship making its' way to the US they make this color available. From the time I ordered my first new car almost 40 years ago, it was either discontinued at the time I ordered (three times) or was not available until after my order was locked. I am getting a dark blue metallic Cayenne in a few weeks and do like the color but I just needed to vent. In the final analysis it is the vehicle you will fall in love with and that is afterall the reason why we bought Cayennes. Enjoy your Porshe what ever color you ultimately choose.
Old 03-17-2013, 07:20 PM
RESP
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by YRUNVS
Mahogany metallic is now available, Arrgh!! I have always wanted a brown car and hoped I would be able to order my Cayenne in this color and now that it is on the ship making its' way to the US they make this color available. From the time I ordered my first new car almost 40 years ago, it was either discontinued at the time I ordered (three times) or was not available until after my order was locked. I am getting a dark blue metallic Cayenne in a few weeks and do like the color but I just needed to vent. In the final analysis it is the vehicle you will fall in love with and that is afterall the reason why we bought Cayennes. Enjoy your Porshe what ever color you ultimately choose.
Sorry to hear.

You are right, the colour isn't what ultimately what you will love about the Cayenne.

We have the blue and I really enjoy seeing it as I walk up to her, or see a reflection in a window.

Maybe a brown will be on your next Porsche...
Old 03-17-2013, 08:19 PM
YRUNVS
Advanced

Thanks for the reply RESP. Perhaps it is just the "near the end of a long journey" fatigue that has me frustrated. The wait for delivery effects us all differently, but it can be brutal. None-the-less yes, there is always the next one! Have a great week. Doug
Old 03-17-2013, 10:12 PM
speed21
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Hud99
Speed21, the 911 in your profile pic is a nice silver or is it grey?
It is GT silver. A special colour cost option unfortunately. It takes on amazing changes depending on the light.....shows a lot of depth in the sun. I normally prefer black on a 911 but the GT silver works really well. It's been a nice change.

I'm not sure why Porsche didn't allow the Cayenne with GT Silver option. Regular Silver is nice but doesn't have the depth or luster of the GT.

I agree with some others here that the black under-trimings and wheel arch surrounds make the car look a bit unfinished on the lighter colours too. I also find the 21" wheels really help to make the Cayenne pop and the darker colours also help slim the bulk of the car down from the side view angle i find. Light colours and the smaller diameter wheels leave the body looking a bit too chubby from the side imho.
Old 03-17-2013, 11:42 PM
Hud99
Advanced

Yeah. The optical illusion of dark colors apply even in clothes . Now I'm starting to look at black or jet black metallic .
Old 03-21-2013, 11:08 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

umber.....blue....umber....blue.....umber.....blue.

Right now on umber. But debating, soooo much debating!
Old 03-22-2013, 04:43 AM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

wrap
Old 03-22-2013, 09:22 AM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mudman2
wrap