cayenne turbo 2005

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2013, 02:18 AM
Squalo79
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cayenne turbo 2005

Cayenne turbo 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good day to everybody ( i have posted this on 3 different wrong places, before finding the right one, sorry for that )

i have just joined and i have been browsing this website for quite a while and it's the best out there, so congrats to all of you !

i have tried to search a lot on the internet, but i couldn't still find few asnswers:

i am upgrading from a 2003 cayenne s to a 2005 turbo and i live in hong kong.i won't talk about the prices here as they are crazy...but one of the reasons why i want to upgrade ( besides the power ) is that i would like more " interaction " with the car computer ( such as gps and handsfree bluetooh mainly) .

1 ) do i understand correctly that all 2005 cayenne turbos have the software activared for gps, and i just need to find and upload a dvd for the gps to function?
2 ) as the phone option still works with the old sim card that you have to put in ( and hence forward yr existing number to i believe that sim card while driving ) , is there any chance that i can upgrade with bluetooth connection w/out changing the hardware of the car, so that for example i can see my contacts on the screen ?

3 ) if the asnwers to the above points are all negative, and as they are important to me, would you suggest me to wait for another turbo ( with these options, although bluetooh i think only comes much later ) with these options, or is it possible to buy outside hardwares which nicely fit the same space of the original one ? which ones would you suggest, as i would never drive a car where you have to stick stuff on the windshield, as i think looks cheap.

4 ) i am inclined of getting an exhaust upgrade from techart or gemballa which are represented here in hong kong as well. just for the sound though. does it ruin the engine? anything else you could suggest on this?

5 ) while i think the power is enough, it looks like you can increase with small money another 50 ps on the engine. would that make a big difference, considering the turbo is already fast from 0-100 ? and would it ruin the engine?

Thank you in advance for being so kind to give me some guidelines to professioanl people like you !

Cheers
Mathias
Old 03-04-2013, 05:53 AM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

see below

Originally Posted by Squalo79
Cayenne turbo 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good day to everybody ( i have posted this on 3 different wrong places, before finding the right one, sorry for that )

i have just joined and i have been browsing this website for quite a while and it's the best out there, so congrats to all of you !

i have tried to search a lot on the internet, but i couldn't still find few asnswers:

i am upgrading from a 2003 cayenne s to a 2005 turbo and i live in hong kong.i won't talk about the prices here as they are crazy...but one of the reasons why i want to upgrade ( besides the power ) is that i would like more " interaction " with the car computer ( such as gps and handsfree bluetooh mainly) .

1 ) do i understand correctly that all 2005 cayenne turbos have the software activared for gps, and i just need to find and upload a dvd for the gps to function? ----Yes PCMII is standard on TT
2 ) as the phone option still works with the old sim card that you have to put in ( and hence forward yr existing number to i believe that sim card while driving ) , is there any chance that i can upgrade with bluetooth connection w/out changing the hardware of the car, so that for example i can see my contacts on the screen ? -- Bluetooth was not standard in 05

3 ) if the asnwers to the above points are all negative, and as they are important to me, would you suggest me to wait for another turbo ( with these options, although bluetooh i think only comes much later ) with these options, or is it possible to buy outside hardwares which nicely fit the same space of the original one ? which ones would you suggest, as i would never drive a car where you have to stick stuff on the windshield, as i think looks cheap. --you can add a Mobridge unit with bluetooth which does a good job, I have one

4 ) i am inclined of getting an exhaust upgrade from techart or gemballa which are represented here in hong kong as well. just for the sound though. does it ruin the engine? anything else you could suggest on this? --- they are good

5 ) while i think the power is enough, it looks like you can increase with small money another 50 ps on the engine. would that make a big difference, considering the turbo is already fast from 0-100 ? and would it ruin the engine? ----no it would not ruin, but get it first and then decide if you need more power

Thank you in advance for being so kind to give me some guidelines to professioanl people like you !

Cheers
Mathias
Old 03-04-2013, 07:02 AM
Squalo79
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thank you Mike!

Quick Reply: cayenne turbo 2005