Sponsored by:

New model year already out?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2013, 03:00 PM
philg3
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Hud99
Not sure why anyone would want a wifi hotspot router option for $1,000 since a spare old iPhone with a SIM card can function as a hotspot device for other users in the car to patch into with their devices. Only advantage of the wifi router from Porsche is using the arial antenna. Maybe I'm missing something.
This just shows that someone had extra cycles to come up with this feature. Just use your existing iPhone / Android phone / etc and get the tethering service from your carrier. That way, you save yourself $1,300, get the same functionality -- if you want it, stay current with wi-fi technology (get a new phone every couple years), and save yourself from an additional monthly service fee.
Old 03-06-2013, 06:22 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,587 Likes on 1,607 Posts

Originally Posted by Joseph O'Reilly
The same changes were made for the 2014 US edition Cayennes. Just take a look at the Porsche configurator on the Porsche web site under "Build your own" or something like that, and you will see the prices and options for the 2014 model.
Where do you see the Model Year on the build your own section?
Old 03-10-2013, 07:55 PM
pred8or
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2014 Changes

https://mail-attachment.googleuserco...HhRyQ&sadssc=1
Old 03-11-2013, 09:28 AM
SUVp.cay
Intermediate

Your llnk just goes to google sign in
Old 03-11-2013, 12:13 PM
pred8or
Racer

Hmmm Sorry but cant figure out how to post PDF file.
Old 03-11-2013, 12:15 PM
pred8or
Racer

Cayenne MYE 2014 Model Improvements
Beginning CW22 of 2013, the following option additions and enhancements will be offered for the Cayenne models
and will begin to show up at dealerships around late June 2013:
1. New Option Offerings
Lane Departure Warning
The lane departure warning function will expand the range of driver assistance systems available for the Cayenne model line in model year E. Using a camera integrated in the mirror base of the interior rear-view mirror, lane markings on both sides are recognized. The readiness of the system and the identified lane marking are displayed in the TFT display. If a lane departure is imminent, an acoustic warning is issued. This assistance system is active at speeds of 40 mph or higher. When the turn signal is activated during a lane change, the function is temporarily deactivated. The lane departure warning function can be deactivated and activated using a button in the center console.
2. Vehicle Enhancements
A. Optimized liftgate operation
From model year E, the integrated button in the driver’s door can be used to close the tailgate (previously only used for opening) by pushing button opposite direction of normal.
B. Sport Exhaust Button
In the future it will be possible to activate the sport exhaust system via a separate button in the center console as in the sports cars and Panamera without simultaneously activating sport mode.
C. Revised Center Console Button arrangement and naming conventions
With the introduction of the separate button for the sport exhaust system and the new lane departure warning driver assistance system, the grouping of function buttons for standard and optional functions on the center console has been revised. The following overview presents the changes in detail:
- For internal dealer use only –
Please note: Pricing, specification and availability of vehicles and options is subject to change without notice. For final pricing, specification and availability information please refer to PVA and the official price letter issued by Porsche Cars of North America, Inc.
©2013 Porsche Cars North America, Inc.
Cayenne MYE 2014 Model Improvements 1 of 3

D. Entry and Drive Ignition Switch
The outer edge of the static ignition switch with Porsche Entry and Drive is now trimmed to match the interior trim pieces and the middle section is finished in black.
3. Exterior Color Overview The range of exterior colors for the Cayenne models is being revised for the model year E. Auburn Metallic will be replaced by the color Mahogany Metallic. The special color Carmine Red was already introduced in model year D.
4. Interior Color Overview The range of interior colors will be increased by adding the two- tone leather interior Black/Luxor Beige and Black/Carrera Red, previously exclusively available only on the Cayenne Turbo S. The two-tone leather interior Black/Titanium Blue will no longer be offered after the model year change.
Please note: Pricing, specification and availability of vehicles and options is subject to change without notice. For final pricing, specification and availability information please refer to PVA and the official price letter issued by Porsche Cars of North America, Inc.
Cayenne MYE 2014 Model Improvements 2 of 3

Cayenne Models
Improvements for MYE
Start of Production
CW22 of 2013
Models
Cayenne Cayenne Tiptronic Cayenne Diesel Cayenne S Cayenne S Hybrid Cayenne GTS Cayenne Turbo Cayenne Turbo S
1. Engine
--
2. Powertrain
--
3. Chassis
--
4. Electrical
 New button assignments for function buttons on center console:
- Removalofcentrallockingsystembutton,replacedbyPorscheHillControl
- Mergingofthefunctionsrearwindowheatingandoptionalheatedwindsheild - Replacement of Porsche Hill Control button with the Lane Departure Warning - Replacement of heated windscreen button with sports exhaust system
 Symbol for off-road switch “On/off-road symbol” => “ON ROAD / OFF ROAD”
 New power window button symbols
 Optimized feedback when deactivating the Auto Start Stop function via in-
button LED and TFT notification
5. Exterior
--
6. Interior
 Enhancement of the rotary light switch (from 12/2013): Chrome rim around the rotary light switch
7. I-options
 New exterior color: Mahogany Metallic
 New interior colors: Black/Luxor Beige and Black/Carrera Red
 Lane departure warning (7Y6)
 Enhancement of the operating element for the Porsche Entry & Drive option  Optimized operation of the powerlift tailgate
 Separate button for the sport exhaust system on the center console
Cayenne MYE 2014 Model Improvements 3 of 3
Old 03-13-2013, 07:59 AM
DRJMK
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks for posting this! I was going to order my interior black/titanium blue. Now, I have to rethink my options!
Old 03-13-2013, 09:29 AM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Sounds like no harm to sticking with a 2013.

Going to my local dealer today. His factory rep is in town and will answer my question definitively when start of production is.

According to this document, it should be soon if the 2014's are arriving late June.

According to the arrogant a** I met yesterday at Porsche Houston West, 2014 will start delivering "later, like September. All the highlines do that. Domestics start earlier.".

Uh, how about an actual date chief? And WTF, I didn't drive up in a "domestic" and so what if I did? Probably have better finances than half his poseur buyers...
Old 03-13-2013, 10:58 AM
philg3
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 72 Posts

Document, above, says Start of Production CW22 = May 27.
Old 03-13-2013, 05:58 PM
SUVp.cay
Intermediate

Thanks for the link.
Old 03-13-2013, 07:26 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by philg3
Document, above, says Start of Production CW22 = May 27.
My dealer confirmed this today.

Quick Reply: New model year already out?