Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

minimum oil level reached (niveau d'huile minimum atteint)

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2013, 07:09 PM
Mrd_Bkl
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default minimum oil level reached (niveau d'huile minimum atteint)

Hi guys!
my Brother bought a new Porche Cayenne Diesel V6, 3.0, 4 months ago from Germany.
he just texted, telling me that he got that warning message on the dash board (niveau d'huile minimum atteint, he lives in French) what means: minimum oil level reached.
his car now have 15.000 KM (about 9500 miles), he never changed the oil yet, I know from what I read that he should change the oil every 5000 miles.
But when he bought the car, the dealr told him he has to make the 1st oil change every 20.000kms (about 12.500 miles).
now he asks me if is it normal to get that warning message before the oil change time?
Old 02-27-2013, 08:30 PM
steve_Cayenne
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Salut Mrd,

Not a Diesel owner, but have read the USA and European models recommend a different oil change interval so he can probably disregard the 5000 miles. I'm sure the Diesel heads will arrive soon with the conspiracy theories around that one!

As far as the low oil level, nothing to do with the change interval. These engines burn off oil to varying degrees, and not unusual at all to add a quart of oil between changes or at his 15,000km.

When the display says minimum oil, add a quart. When display says change oil, change it.
Old 02-27-2013, 09:09 PM
Mrd_Bkl
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks Steve!
that was very helpful..
Old 02-28-2013, 08:16 AM
grohgreg
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Concur, this 5000 mile thing seems to be a US-spec issue only. But I don't think any of us here have yet seen/heard/read a mutually acceptable explanation. The issue is still cloaked to the point to where even some dealerships are not yet on board, mine being one of them. I'm only at 3200 miles right now, but the car has been to the dealership for routine warranty work already. If there was a bulletin or software update reflecting the alleged 5000 mile rule, I would have expected to receive it then. But my vehicle display is still telling me to change at 5000 miles (typical diesel break-in procedure), then estimates not again until 20,000 miles.

Lacking revised oil change interval guidance from Porsche USA or the dealership, my plan is to change the filter and put in fresh C30 oil at 5000 miles. Then at ~10k I'll extract an oil sample for an inexpensive professional analysis - and make an oil change interval decision with the results. If it comes back good, I'll send in another sample at 15k. Et cetera.

//greg//

Quick Reply: minimum oil level reached (niveau d'huile minimum atteint)