Sponsored by:

Random Seat Memory

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2013, 07:50 PM
Ukayenne
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Random Seat Memory

I’ve had four Cayennes now and all three have had very random seat memory.

Am I the only one who experiences this? I use the same key all the time and I have ‘auto memory store` turned off.

About 1 time in 4 that I get in the car the seat will assume a random comedy position. I can press and hold the stored memory button and it goes to the right place every time.

What am I doing wrong? Or is this what all Cayennes do?
Old 02-24-2013, 07:55 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I've only had the 1 Cayenne and I've never had that happen, of course I'm pretty much the only one who drives it. I do have to move it forward before I can lay down or raise back up the rear seat and the driver's seat goes back to it's assigned position.
Old 02-24-2013, 08:03 PM
Ukayenne
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think it’s something to do with the comfort entry option. The seat moves back and steering wheel rises as you open the driver’s door and it’s supposed to return to the right position when you get back in the car.

Sometimes it does! I suppose that’s better than not at all.
Old 02-24-2013, 08:50 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

OK. Sounds like the issue I have w/ the wife's BMW 128 Conv., of course I've never bothered to read the book and make the settings on it yet.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:23 AM
grohgreg
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ukayenne
I think it’s something to do with the comfort entry option. The seat moves back and steering wheel rises as you open the driver’s door and it’s supposed to return to the right position when you get back in the car.

Sometimes it does! I suppose that’s better than not at all.
It's a programming design flaw. Initiating certain electrical activities during the actual seat (forward) return movement - stops that movement. If you inadvertently or purposefully activate any of the seat position switches during movement, doing so will stop movement. If you turn the key fob or push the START button, doing so will stop movement. The only way to resume it is to have the driving position stored in one of the memories, then push the associated memory button.

What I do is put the key fob into its slot - which starts the seat return movement - then reach for the seat belt. By the time I have the seat belt fastened, the forward movement has completed. Only then do I start the car.

//greg//
Old 02-25-2013, 09:42 AM
RAKLAW
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

With Entry and Drive its still a design flaw as well.
sometimes doesnt work even if no interruption/
Old 02-27-2013, 08:06 PM
porscheprestige
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts

It's very random. I can tell you that I had Cayenne that did that all the time and other never.
Very weird. Porsche could not answer this question.
What I could recommend you to try, is memorize your SET 1 or 2, while doors are closed and engine is running.
Old 02-28-2013, 12:43 PM
thejazzman
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the same irritating problem with the seat memory on my 2012 Cayenne S. When I get in and insert the key, the seat may or may not return to the previous position. If this is user-error, then someone please tell me the secret.

Quick Reply: Random Seat Memory