Sponsored by:

Turbo vent line

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2013, 08:46 PM
D2k
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo vent line

So the Pig is getting serviced right now for some minor warranty items I've been wanting to get checked out before the CPO runs out and they address the oil consumption issue which is about 1 quart every 500 miles. They tell me the turbo vent lines need replacing. Is this a magic bullet or will I still be experiencing significant oil consumption? They also recommended getting the oil changed while they were in there hinting that it may be better for the new turbo vent lines. I just had the 80k service done about 6000 miles ago and from what I understand the interval is every 10k. Not sure if it needs to be done right now or if it can wait until 90k miles? They are charging $300 for the oil change and I am shopping around for pricing right now.
Old 02-23-2013, 06:16 PM
Budget M3
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Replacing vent lines is probably not a magic bullet, but certainly worth having done if you are still under warranty. They probably just have excess oil built up in them which can look like a leak. Many folks routinely drain the vent lines when changing the oil to prevent this from happening.

For something as simple as an oil change, I use my local independent euro repair shop (they work on BMW, VW and Audi's). Just make sure to clue them in that there are two drain plugs on the V8 and they should be able to complete the job, including parts for less than $150 (assuming 1/2 hour labor, $20 for filter, and ~$60 for oil).

Quick Reply: Turbo vent line