Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone make 21" all season tires?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2016, 12:21 AM
BlackTurboS
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry a few more things... if my memory serves me right the summer UHPs and the Conti DWS all-seasons have the same or very similar speed and weight rating. Thus the sidewalls and other handling characteristics are maintained like the UHPs.

And the 275/45R20 tire size looks great in the wheel well. fills the wheel well out very nicely. Speedometer remained accurate according to multiple street/road radar signs.
Old 02-13-2016, 02:13 AM
Rossi
Pro

Received 54 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackTurboS
Continental now makes 295/35R21 DWS 06 All Seasons. in my opinion it is the best all season tire on the market for the Cayenne.
100% agree
Replaced my Pirellis Pzeros Rosso summer tires month ago with the continentals ExtremeContact dws06 all season set 295/35R21.
They are fantastic, great steering feel, the grip is the same and the comfort improved. These suppose to last twice as long. This tire is a winner for sure. I am planning to take the car to the local mountains soon which is something I couldn't ever do before with summer tires, I will report back about these tires handling light snow and cold temperatures.
Old 02-13-2016, 12:22 PM
vtgt
Pro

Received 46 Likes on 37 Posts

This is awesome news! Interested to hear feedback on wear and snow duty.

Been gobbling up continental uhps every 20k miles. My favorite dry tire has been the mich latitude, interested to see if folks can compare dry performance to that tire as well.

Also what's the best price you all have seen for these?
Old 02-24-2016, 04:09 PM
IndyTarga
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can't wait to follow updates. On the fence right now with Conti Extreme DWS06 right now. Reading so many good things in so many forums and on so many cars, almost too good to be true. Just got my Cayenne and with the nearly gone summer tires on snow...nearly had to clean the leather. really don't want two sets of wheels/tires for the different seasons and the wear expectations on these seem incredible.
Old 02-24-2016, 07:06 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,141 Likes on 758 Posts

Originally Posted by vtgt
This is awesome news! Interested to hear feedback on wear and snow duty.

Been gobbling up continental uhps every 20k miles. My favorite dry tire has been the mich latitude, interested to see if folks can compare dry performance to that tire as well.

Also what's the best price you all have seen for these?
The Conti DWS vs Michelin Latitude? Well, if you like harsh ride quality the Latitude is the tire for you. As far as grip - probably give up 0.2G in ultimate cornering ability before the rear end starts to slide a bit (or the traction control reins you in) but other then that - DWS is far superior in any sort of weather.

I have no idea why Porsche figures an SUV with 4 wheel drive is going to be used on the track all the time, but that's the only reason I can think of for the Latitude being OE on them.

Wear? Dunno - the Latitude isn't noted for longevity (just the opposite actually) - but the 19" DWS's that I had on my last Cayenne were going on 30,000 miles when I traded it in, and the "S" (which means OK for snow) was still visible on the tread, so it appears they had quite a ways further to go.

Tried them in snow a bit - a tiny bit less capable then the Pirelli Scorpion snows that I have on a spare set of rims - but only a tiny bit. Not enough to encourage me to bother swapping them out on the '06 Tit/S..

I'm just waiting until the Latitudes on my '11 Turbo are worn enough that I can justify putting Conti's on it.
Old 02-25-2016, 10:51 AM
IndyTarga
2nd Gear

Default Bit the rubber today

OK, felt like this couldn't be a bad decision. Couldn't find them anywhere in stock but at this website. Local dealers were claiming over a month with unknown in stock dates. The site below claimed 35 in stock, which minus my 4, means quite a few sets remaining. I've read good and bad about this tire supplier online...so we'll see. Thought I would share in case any other cayenne owners are in need of tires and are considering these.

http://www.tiresdirect.net/Continent...-XL-P8181.aspx
Old 02-29-2016, 03:46 PM
Mike41
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tires Direct . Net ?

Indy Targa,

Did you receive your tires from Tires Direct . Net ok? Any trouble with this company?

Thanks,

Mike
Old 03-05-2016, 04:43 PM
vtgt
Pro

Any reviews on these compared to the Michelin and conti summers?
Old 03-05-2016, 06:15 PM
18ri
Cruisin'

Just bought a used 2013 Cayenne Turbo with 21" wheels. Put Pirelli PZero N1 on it. The only All Season tire out there is the Continental's ExtremeContact DWS 06. I chose the PZeros based on which ones I didn't want. My choice logic is:

Continental's ExtremeContact DWS 06 All Season - Really wanted to go with these since they are the only All Season tires out there. But one of my sons has these on a 2005 Maserati Quattroporte with 20" wheels. I always felt they were flat spotted for the first 15 miles on a cold winter day. If they worked that way on the Cayenne, it would just drive me crazy.

Yokohama's ADVAN Sport - I had them on an 04 Touareg with 18's and liked them except I thought they were a little loud.

Michelin's Latitude Sport - Felt these were more of a sport truck tire and didn't think the grip would be the best.

Pirelli PZero N1 - These tires have great grip. There is 12"of tire on the street! Will probably wear like a snow cone in summer.
Old 03-06-2016, 12:53 AM
vtgt
Pro

Originally Posted by 18ri
Just bought a used 2013 Cayenne Turbo with 21" wheels. Put Pirelli PZero N1 on it. The only All Season tire out there is the Continental's ExtremeContact DWS 06. I chose the PZeros based on which ones I didn't want. My choice logic is:

Continental's ExtremeContact DWS 06 All Season - Really wanted to go with these since they are the only All Season tires out there. But one of my sons has these on a 2005 Maserati Quattroporte with 20" wheels. I always felt they were flat spotted for the first 15 miles on a cold winter day. If they worked that way on the Cayenne, it would just drive me crazy.

Yokohama's ADVAN Sport - I had them on an 04 Touareg with 18's and liked them except I thought they were a little loud.

Michelin's Latitude Sport - Felt these were more of a sport truck tire and didn't think the grip would be the best.

Pirelli PZero N1 - These tires have great grip. There is 12"of tire on the street! Will probably wear like a snow cone in summer.
Yeah I had the dws on my v10 s6 and it was pretty good. Not quite as good as conti3s but not bad for all seasons. Sidewall could be stiffer. With that said I have had about 2-3 sets of cross contacts and they are decent but don't wear great. Also Imo the best summer tires for this car is the latitudes, many people do my know this but the cross contact is a quasi all season (minus snow) if you compare the specs. The latitudes on the other hand are not and grip and sidewall are much stiffer.

Anyhow, looking for opinions on the dws in this size. My hope is this revision is a little more aggressive but still wears decent. Any one care to comment who have installed?
Old 03-13-2016, 06:52 PM
Skdkd
1st Gear

Conti DWS 06s on my 2011 Cayenne S carried us through a variety of snow depths on our Jan ski trip to Taos. Superb hwy ride and rain traction as well. Too early to evaluate tread life.
Old 03-14-2016, 10:10 PM
vtgt
Pro

Originally Posted by Skdkd
Conti DWS 06s on my 2011 Cayenne S carried us through a variety of snow depths on our Jan ski trip to Taos. Superb hwy ride and rain traction as well. Too early to evaluate tread life.
How Is dry performance, that's just as important as Rain and snow to me
Old 03-24-2016, 11:12 PM
Xaerran
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

For what it's worth - looks like amazon has the Continentals - free shipping for prime members (its baked into the tire cost).

Link to Amazon Link to Amazon
Old 03-25-2016, 01:36 AM
vtgt
Pro

Originally Posted by vtgt
How Is dry performance, that's just as important as Rain and snow to me

Anybody vs the latitudes and cross cut contis in dry?
Old 03-31-2016, 10:58 PM
vtgt
Pro

Originally Posted by Xaerran
For what it's worth - looks like amazon has the Continentals - free shipping for prime members (its baked into the tire cost).

Link to Amazon
Anyone have any other reviews?

Best deal on pricing shipped for the conti 295/35/21 dws

Quick Reply: Anyone make 21" all season tires?