Sponsored by:

Not sure how to title this

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2012, 02:50 PM
bigfoot68
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Not sure how to title this

As the title says, I'm not sure how to title this. I have a 2004 CS that I bought about 3 months ago with 79k miles. This is my first Porsche and I really love it. When I bought it the service light said it needed an iol change in about 1200 miles. After the 1200 miles the light came on serveral times when the car was started. I think sometime between the light going off and the oil change (about 1 week) I think the reminder stopped going off but I am not positive. The oil change was about a month or month and half ago. The other day my wife took her seat belt off when we were driving and during the 5 minutes it was off there was no warning or reminder about the belt. Is this normal? Also when the oil was changed they mentioned that the brake light would be going off very soon since the sensor was almost touching. However it has been 2k miles and no warning. I understand it just may not have warn down to it yet, but I am wondering if possibly my warnings aren't working. Or could they have been accidently turned off the warnings when re-setting the service indicator? Is there a way to check it or reset it? I have not bought the Durametric yet but plan on doing so.

That brings up my second question. Which Durametric do I get. I do not think I will have more than one Porsche at a time, but who knows, so do I get the basic, or do I need the pro one so that I can settings for things? Also are there any changes I would do to an 04 to justify the price difference between the two?

Thanks for any input or advice in advance.

Jeff

Quick Reply: Not sure how to title this