Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Double Vision on 2013 Cayenne Diesel

Old 12-12-2012, 03:04 AM
Rick Schmitz
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Double Vision on 2013 Cayenne Diesel

I just picked up a Cayenne Diesel - absolutely love the car, my first Porsche, but there are 3 things bugging the heck out of me -

1) Windshield has a BAD case of double vision, especially bad when following cars with LED taillights - you see 2 distinct images - Does anyone else have this?

2) Passenger side AC vent makes a ratling noise on rough pavement

3) When I accelerate, my weight being pushed back in seat causes a little clicking noise/feeling on the seat back, right around shoulder blade height.

anyone else experience this?

Other than that 100% love the car.
Old 12-12-2012, 08:42 AM
gnat
Nordschleife Master

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

1) not that I've noticed. Maybe they put rainx or something similar on it when they preped it?

2) that's what warranties are for. Mine has a few too, but they aren't too bad so I'm letting it shake out some more before I take it in.

3) I'm 5'10" and 180ish and don't have such an issue. Don't know if being a different size/shape would change that. Something else to have the dealer look at.
Old 12-12-2012, 08:44 AM
kocsis
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wait a week or two, make a list of the issues and take it back to fix under warranty. This should not happen, but it does.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:18 AM
grohgreg
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

1. If you have the optional privacy glass that might account for it. My only complaint is that it's so hard to get clean. Definitely has some kind of coating that smears. I get all I can off with a foam glass cleaner, then have to finish up with a polishing cloth. Inside and out.
2. assembly line worker lost an upper
3. 6' and 208 pounds, no such problem. Loose air bag container perhaps (?) Or possibly the inertial mechanism on the shoulder belt (?)

Not sure about #1, but the other two should be warranty items.

//greg//
Old 12-12-2012, 10:19 AM
Joseph O'Reilly
Instructor

Rick, do you have the heated windshield option?

Originally Posted by Rick Schmitz
I just picked up a Cayenne Diesel - absolutely love the car, my first Porsche, but there are 3 things bugging the heck out of me -

1) Windshield has a BAD case of double vision, especially bad when following cars with LED taillights - you see 2 distinct images - Does anyone else have this?

2) Passenger side AC vent makes a ratling noise on rough pavement

3) When I accelerate, my weight being pushed back in seat causes a little clicking noise/feeling on the seat back, right around shoulder blade height.

anyone else experience this?

Other than that 100% love the car.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:50 AM
AnchorRanch
Intermediate

Congrats for your car!

When I picked up my CS and I found out that the panorama roof does not work at all, and I am still waiting for the dealership to fix it (it has been 12 days now).

I wonder if Porsche has some QA/QC issues now given that it may try to rush the Cayenne to the market?
Old 12-12-2012, 10:54 AM
AnchorRanch
Intermediate

And for the loaner Cayenne base I am driving now, it is brand new (about 800 miles). And the Sunblinds / (electric sunscreens) for backside windows do not work either!
Old 12-12-2012, 06:23 PM
PN Cal
Intermediate

Hi, did you try cleaning the screen from inside? I observed with my Cayenne es well as with the Loaner that if the windshield fogs, you can still see the round shape of the sucks for inserting the windshield. That is clearly a sign that Porsche is not cleaning it from the inside once attached. It's also very greasy. Maybe that is the reason. I did never have this double vision, though. I had other minor quality issues on my car incl. a bent rear wiper, a broken switch for seat ventilation, the bad clock and a minor scratch in the rear bumper. They are currently fixed but I would have also expected a better quality control at Porsche. I had no noise issues at all.
Old 12-13-2012, 03:02 AM
Rick Schmitz
AutoX

Thanks PN - will try cleaning again...but I think it is a flaw as it is definitely more than just halos or haze, but distinct double lights i can see
Old 12-13-2012, 06:09 AM
GregGebhardt
Advanced

Originally Posted by grohgreg
1. If you have the optional privacy glass that might account for it. My only complaint is that it's so hard to get clean. Definitely has some kind of coating that smears. I get all I can off with a foam glass cleaner, then have to finish up with a polishing cloth. Inside and out.
2. assembly line worker lost an upper
3. 6' and 208 pounds, no such problem. Loose air bag container perhaps (?) Or possibly the inertial mechanism on the shoulder belt (?)

Not sure about #1, but the other two should be warranty items.

//greg//
I second the hard to clean part. I know my new Cayenne interior parts "gas" for a while while they cure but I have never had such difficulty cleaning the interior surface of the windshield. In the end I have to polish the glass with a dry cloth to get rid of the smears. I have tried multiple glass cleaners and have the same problem. Is there some coating applied by Porsche?
Old 12-13-2012, 01:51 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Rick Schmitz
Thanks PN - will try cleaning again...but I think it is a flaw as it is definitely more than just halos or haze, but distinct double lights i can see
Joseph asked a good question above; maybe you missed it. Do you have the optional heated front windscreen? There have been complaints from other posters in this forum that the tiny wires in the windshield can cause a diffraction effect with blurry and double images of external lights.
Old 12-13-2012, 11:04 PM
Rick Schmitz
AutoX

Nope, no heated windshield, but I know what you are talking about, had a range rover with it, same net effect though.
Old 09-16-2014, 09:04 PM
porscheprestige
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

^^^
Old topic, but actually the Cayenne Diesel does not have the heated windshield option for some reason...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Double Vision on 2013 Cayenne Diesel