Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Air Suspension Faulty - Workshop Message Help

Old 02-08-2017, 01:20 PM
Scott Jordan
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks much. Should I assume my shop here would have the code reader, or should I purchase?
Is this the correct Facebook
Facebook Post
:
Facebook Post
Thanks very much!
Old 02-08-2017, 09:52 PM
RKD in OKC
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

When I get the Air Suspension Workshop message on my O4. I check the tire pressure and usually one or both of the front tires are low. Air them up properly and no more message until they get low again, usually when the outside temps drop, or it sets for some time. It does not have TPMS.

Think maybe the error is caused by one or more sensors reading lower than it should compared to the others.

Last edited by RKD in OKC; 02-09-2017 at 02:44 AM.
Old 02-09-2017, 02:37 AM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,140 Likes on 758 Posts

Originally Posted by Scott Jordan
Thanks much. Should I assume my shop here would have the code reader, or should I purchase?
Is this the correct Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1628490004068635/
Thanks very much!
Assume nothing. ASK. And your Facebook links can't be shared so we have no idea what they are supposed to represent.
Old 02-20-2017, 04:20 PM
Scott Jordan
Track Day

Ok... So, I brought the Cayenne to a VW dealer in Twin Falls to fix the suspension. It didn't go so well, so looking for your advice.

In sum, the diagnostic codes confused them. They said it would take several hours to try to figure out the codes first, or they could just replace the compressor kit and hope it worked. Unfortunately, no such luck. Now the suspension is locked in the loading position, the very lowest. It looks cooler, but runs much rougher. Also, I noticed before that the drivers side was ~3" higher than the passenger side, when it was much higher. Now it appears still higher on the left but not nearly as much.

They couldn't get the compressor to fill the bags, and believe it may be something electrical. They feel they can fix it but will take some time trying to figure it out. They have a code reader but not a Porsche one that would tell them precisely what the issue is.

They did indicate that the compressor was showing a temp of over 400 degrees which lead them to conclude that perhaps it was not working properly.

They said it is safe, but if I ever want to sell or trade the SuV in, I will need to fix it. I can bring it to Boise Porsche dealer, but was hoping someone might know something here. Thanks in advance.

Scott
Old 02-20-2017, 04:55 PM
ventoGT
Three Wheelin'

Find at least an indy with proper diagnostic tools. Don't throw parts at the problem until you know exactly what it is...the VW dealership seems to be a "replace and pray" shop and shouldn't be touching it without being able to decode the codes being thrown...
Old 02-20-2017, 05:04 PM
Scott Jordan
Track Day

Diagnostic codes: P1400 and left and right level control models.
Old 02-20-2017, 06:12 PM
Scott Jordan
Track Day

PPS: I understand there is some sort of aftermarket kit that will auto lower the vehicle to the loading level whenever it is placed in park. Do you know anything about that? I love the ability to drive at lowest level at times.
Old 02-22-2017, 01:27 PM
RickGrimes
Intermediate

Hi

I don't know if this helps but I have a 2005 CTT with 85k miles on the odo.

I get the "air suspension faulty" message in mine on occasion.

What I have been told by a local indy is that over time the compressor does not fill up as quickly as it did when it left the factory (which is fair enough!!!). Then it triggers the fault message. Everything works fine. Its just the system is fractions of a second too slow........a bit like me
Old 03-03-2017, 07:01 PM
cordsig79
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I am trying this first.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161120432385
Old 06-02-2023, 12:55 AM
rob76turbo
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Reviving an old thread - I have a 04 CT. Getting the Air Suspension Faulty (WorkShop) error. Have an iCarSoft Por v3.0, but it does not seem to work with the air suspension.
Is anyone else having issues with the iCarSoft Por v3.0 not pulling air suspension codes?
Old 06-02-2023, 09:11 AM
jeff spahn
Rennlist Member

Received 382 Likes on 220 Posts

I get faulty message at high altitude, in the cold while in Vail, Co. For record, my Durametric wouldn't connect to the Level Control Module either.
Old 06-17-2023, 03:23 PM
rob76turbo
Rennlist Member

OK, so here is where I am at. Tried to raise the car today and got a Pressure Accumulator Charging (see pix) on the dash - but no sound of the compressor running. We tried this several time (5-6) times to raise the suspension - same message. So my thoughts - the compressor could be kaput. Next I used my iCarSoft Porv3 to check some data on the air suspension - I think I have a faulty ride height sensor too. I have attached pix of the data results.

So - first of all - do you all think the compressor is toast and based on the reading I have received, do you think one or more ride height sensors are faulty. Ahhhh - the joy of owning a 20 year old truck!!

The following users liked this post:
Fuego4~ (10-15-2023)
Old 06-19-2023, 01:51 PM
rob76turbo
Rennlist Member

Bump!!!
The following users liked this post:
Fuego4~ (10-15-2023)
Old 08-03-2023, 06:08 PM
PowerFlower
Advanced

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by rob76turbo
Next I used my iCarSoft Porv3 to check some data on the air suspension - I think I have a faulty ride height sensor too. I have attached pix of the data results.
Whether the sensor is faulty is hard to tell from these readings afaik. Did you visually inspect the sensors? I had one where a small silicone washer was gone -- which made it go at a slight angle, causing the car to "wobble" in corners -- but that didn't register as a fault on the iCarSoft. Still worth to have a look at them though, they're easy to spot in the wheel well.

After I had my front shocks replaced, I got the actuator fault as well. By now though it just says "suspension faulty", a yellow warning, but it makes the ride a bit bumpy (not as bumpy as not having any air, but nowhere near as smooth as it should be). I'm going to measure the height on each corner when I park it, and check a day later if it's sagged on any corners, which hopefully will tell me there are no leaks. And then get a new compressor
Old 08-04-2023, 08:52 PM
Corvetteboy6988
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts

Any more updates?
rob, mine is doing the same, the car and the icarscan.
my icarscan won't read all the suspension parameters, only the calibration and codes.
now on to the suspension, mine was lowering really slow from normal to low level, but would raise real quick as normal and compressor is fine, i actually just rebuilt it.
tried gong to load level and the front would go down but not the rear. Codes read from my icarscan are 1400 and 2250.
from all I have read its one of the rear or both pressure valves, the gold ones screwed into the top of each air shock. Those are responsible for releasing the air and fairly prone to going bad.
sounds like even if only one is bad, both rears level are still equalized somehow, or really both can go bad at the same time.
after this happens, then the conpressor will stop functioning, because there is a fault, guessing to protect itself. If you clear the codes or disconnect the negativec battery terminal, the compressor will work again, until you try to lower it and get the error code again.

Last edited by Corvetteboy6988; 08-04-2023 at 08:55 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Air Suspension Faulty - Workshop Message Help