Received 122 Likes on 95 Posts

Dammit! where is Lewis ?...

Originally Posted by ltc
Search the forum and learn about:

Coolant pipes
Cardan shaft
Coil packs and spark plugs
Brake and tire life

Then put $5000 in small unmarked non sequential bills in the freezer, next to the bacon.
Place your therapists number on speed dial.
Update your health proxy status to "Do Not Resuscitate"
Old 10-27-2012, 12:07 PM
VIPNiSS
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lewis is hiding!
Old 11-01-2012, 05:56 PM
cordsig79
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Haha I love my base pig now you put this out there...

I was cruising bac pasture at the family farm 2 weeks back... Going slow as grass was very high..... Atty the approach of the next gate I gunned it..... Then launch airborne 5 second later.... Dad forgot to tell me he tore down the old telephone baseball field lights....

No damage.... And 2k would get me another 120k miles out of my pig
Old 11-04-2012, 02:20 PM
mjr_cayenne04
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fuel pumps somewhat inevitable. Tools, parts, etc., should come in around $800
Old 11-08-2012, 09:58 PM
VIPNiSS
Racer

well I pretty much just finished up my preventive maintanence today and glad I did it.. I did the T plastic pipes in the back of the engine by the firewall and also did the other t pipe for the turbos.. I did it as preventive maint. cause my water pump appeared to be leaking. I had the intake manifold off anyways to inspect the coolant pipes. It definitely was a PITA and my friend actually helped out alot and did most of it cause he has small hands. Here is my T pipe with about 65k miles.. looked like it was starting to leak.

here is the tool that helped a lot..

Old 11-09-2012, 12:18 AM
mtnrat
Drifting

Received 548 Likes on 346 Posts

Looks like you are doing lots of good work. I bought my 05 turbo just about when you did. I have replaced the fr rotors, pads and sensors, installed mud flaps and retrofitted the ski bag. I am going to put in some new low beams as mine are getting dull. I don't look at anything that is maintenance as any more than the cost of ownership of a vehicle. When I bough the car I did notice the lip on the rotors, and before I started the car the owner noted the "brake workshop" had come on in the last two days, so I used that as a bargaining chip. Otherwise just putting in gas and a little oil. I do not know if the coolant T was done, I have to look at the invoice from the coolant pipe job and see if the part number is on there. If not I will go in next spring.
Old 11-09-2012, 12:23 AM
VIPNiSS
Racer

Originally Posted by mtnrat
Looks like you are doing lots of good work. I bought my 05 turbo just about when you did. I have replaced the fr rotors, pads and sensors, installed mud flaps and retrofitted the ski bag. I am going to put in some new low beams as mine are getting dull. I don't look at anything that is maintenance as any more than the cost of ownership of a vehicle. When I bough the car I did notice the lip on the rotors, and before I started the car the owner noted the "brake workshop" had come on in the last two days, so I used that as a bargaining chip. Otherwise just putting in gas and a little oil. I do not know if the coolant T was done, I have to look at the invoice from the coolant pipe job and see if the part number is on there. If not I will go in next spring.
i see! originally i was not going to do the T but i said I better while I have the manifold off. I didnt think it was leaking but long behold we took it off and it already a hairline crack.. I have 65k miles.. if you havent done yours I would urge you to do so. Get this tool.. it helped TREMENDOUSLY!!!! also if you can get your hands on a remote camera it will also help alot!

Amazon Amazon
Old 11-09-2012, 12:41 AM
mtnrat
Drifting

Received 548 Likes on 346 Posts

Originally Posted by VIPNiSS
i see! originally i was not going to do the T but i said I better while I have the manifold off. I didnt think it was leaking but long behold we took it off and it already a hairline crack.. I have 65k miles.. if you havent done yours I would urge you to do so. Get this tool.. it helped TREMENDOUSLY!!!! also if you can get your hands on a remote camera it will also help alot!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o05_s00_i00
lol, I already have that tool bookmarked. I see that you are chipped. I am going to do that very soon. Just doing research. Have you figured out what tune you have?
Old 01-14-2014, 01:51 AM
cayenneS2004
Advanced

Originally Posted by VIPNiSS
i picked up a 2005 ctt 65k miles not even 2 weeks now and it has already cost me almost $2000 in parts alone with my labor! $835 brakes/rotors/hardware/sensors $130 engine torque dampner $50 Coolant(1gallon) $23 Power Steering Fluid(1quart) $150 Waterpump $60 T Water Hoses/Coolant Hoses $21 Parking Brake Pedal Strut $117 Trunk Shocks $20 Trunk Window Shocks $20 Trim Covers part of Trunk Shock Replacement $100 Headlight Gaskets $385 Coil Packs and Plugs thank god the aluminum pipes were done and cardan shaft as well. WHAT THE PORK!
How did you know you needed to change your engine torque dampener?
Old 01-14-2014, 07:14 AM
spooltime
Rennlist Member

Received 63 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by cayenneS2004
How did you know you needed to change your engine torque dampener?
It's an easy inspection. Just remove the passenger side engine trim cover and inspect the chassis side bushing in the torque support arm, which is bolted to the torque support arm bracket. If it looks anything like this, replace it:

Replacement is easy; pick up a new lock nut for the engine side bracke bolt, use a little Loctite Blue on the chassis side bracket bolt, and torque to 60Nm.
Old 01-15-2014, 03:27 PM
seankrider
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What symptoms does a bad dampener exhibit? Or what do you gain by replacing it?
Old 01-16-2014, 07:25 PM
stormin48061
Intermediate

The more i read about some of the owners' maintenance costs on the more expensive sheet metal, the more I think getting the base makes more sense. If I want to smile, i'll drive the 11! bought my 09 used, did the brakes, hanged the oil and blower motor. has 100k miles on it and running sweet. Gonna do the coils and plugs in the spring and buy and put on the shelf the vertex cardan shaft fix so I have it when it goes.
Old 01-17-2014, 01:19 AM
cayenneS2004
Advanced

Id like to know this as well
Old 01-17-2014, 01:20 AM
cayenneS2004
Advanced

Originally Posted by seankrider
Id like to know this as well
Old 01-17-2014, 09:04 AM
mcbit
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by seankrider
Thump/ clunk from the engine bay on applying throttle or on overrun.

Quick Reply: This P!G is FU**ING expensive! PORKER!