Sponsored by:

Cayenne Diesel Pre purchase questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2012, 02:17 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by grohgreg
Good luck with that, things might be a little different in Arizona than in my part of the country. Please post a follow-up. If you actually do manage to snag 5% under sticker on a 2013 CD, I might hire you to buy my next one.

//greg//
Greg, the dealer you ordered from is a Sonic dealership, the local BMW dealer is also part of Sonic and they give 0 discount off of MSRP on new BMW's. The big complaint I have with the Sonic dealerships is they have not only actual dealership overhead but also Sonic corp. overhead. However, since Sonic bought the Porsche dealership it is a FAR, FAR more customer focused dealership than it was with the previous ownership. The previous ownership pretty much ignored our local PCA club, we tried many times/ways to get them to partner with us but they had no desire to do anything with/for the club. The Sonic mgmt. is extreemly accommodating and sponsors/participates in many PCA events and for that we are grateful.

The only problem we have with them is their commitment to provide 1 yr. of PCA membership to people who purchase a new Porsche from them, they just don't seem to actually follow through with that commitment. (speaking of that, I'm sending you a PM shortly) Other than that the PCA Club is extreemly grateful for the dealership improvements Sonic has made. As Sonic has the only Porsche (and BMW) dealerships in town they can pretty much dictate whether buyers get a discount off MSRP or not and we live with it. This is the reason we bought my wife's current BMW 128 Conv. through the BMW dealer in Bowling Green. We got a significant discount from them. The only (minor) downside is I take the car to BG for any service (not that big a deal for me considering where I live).
Old 09-21-2012, 02:33 PM
grohgreg
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NC 997
I'm getting right at 30mpg - as long as I don't push it.
Even then, the mileage indicator reads 23-24 mpg.
When you have the trip screen showing on the MFD, press the thumbwheel. You should see 1-2-3 listed vertically on the right side. Sounds like you're in 2, which is long term numbers. Roll the wheel back to 1 and push it for current trip numbers. I haven't used 3 yet, I assume it doesn't display unless/until NAV is tracking an active destination.

//greg//
Old 09-21-2012, 11:59 PM
NC 997
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by grohgreg
When you have the trip screen showing on the MFD, press the thumbwheel. You should see 1-2-3 listed vertically on the right side. Sounds like you're in 2, which is long term numbers. Roll the wheel back to 1 and push it for current trip numbers. I haven't used 3 yet, I assume it doesn't display unless/until NAV is tracking an active destination.

//greg//
I've printed your comment. I'm making a relatively long trip this weekend - I'll check it out. I'm not hugely tech savvy; I'm still learning the digital features of car.

Steve, The 30 mpg claim was from a 230 mile trip I made at a steady 60-65 mph using the cruise. I filled up, did the trip, and refilled the tank when I got back home. The miles vs amount of fuel I put in the car gave me the total mileage. I believe the total was actually at 29.8 mpg, which is pretty close to 30.

I fiilled it up on the way to work this morning, and the total was $90.01. The DIC said I had 83 miles to empty. I long for the days of $.19 per gallon diesel (not that I was burning diesel back then - early 60s).
Old 09-30-2012, 02:26 PM
aznntowl2
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pulled the trigger on black on black diesel, sticker was 74 and change.....wait for it....5% off msrp, perhaps it was a cash deal...not sure, but it was actually not much haggling....now car bra anyone?

Quick Reply: Cayenne Diesel Pre purchase questions