Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why can't I order blacked out Xenons???

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2012, 06:33 PM
flynpch
Advanced

Received 19 Likes on 5 Posts
Angry Why can't I order blacked out Xenons???

I have tried to order the blacked out Bi-Xenon headlights on my new Cayenne and it won't let me if I have the Premium package selected. If I drop the Premium package and order all of the options in it separately it's $1500 more. I can't fathom that Porsche NA won't let you Oder this with the Premium. I ordered the black tail lights but they say I can't do this. My seventh Porsche and pissed that it seems they are forcing to spend $1500 on top of the $600 addition for the black xenon option to get this. I want to talk to someone at PNA. Does anyone know a way around this or a way to order with the Premium package???
Old 08-30-2012, 06:43 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

packages are packages... lots of options you can't add.. they group them the way they feel is best.. they wont change them at all.. its considered a "gift" to get a discount on options in a package..
Old 08-31-2012, 01:12 AM
blazing928
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you're lucky you get packages, here in Oz we don't. Blacked out zenons cost around $4000 here.....
Old 12-21-2012, 09:24 AM
Joseph O'Reilly
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by blazing928
you're lucky you get packages, here in Oz we don't. Blacked out zenons cost around $4000 here.....
Here in Germany, there are no option "packages" either, and I need some convincing on the xenon lights- a USD 2300 option. When it is really dark, you use the high beam lights, which are the same halogens whether you order the xenons or not, if I understand this correctly. So even if the low beams are "twice" as bright as the standard halogen low beams, does that matter so much? What's more here in crowded Europe, xenons on an SUV blind oncoming drivers and **** off anyone you follow closely on high speed roads and autobahns. Yes, the curving light feature is nice to have, but not worth more than a few hundred bucks on its own IMHO. However it appears 99% of Cayennes in Germany are equipped with xenons. What am I missing? Even the dealer says I don't really need them and it is probably just a trend that they are so often ordered at the moment.
Cheers
Old 12-22-2012, 03:40 AM
blazing928
Rennlist Member

Well , we have the blacked out xenons on our white car, all part of the look.
Coming from mostly halogen equipped cars, the lights on low are just amazing.Very wide beam and much greater distance than the halogens.
I havent been in the county yet to try the cornering effect, but the corner lights that come on at low speed are also brilliant, they light up tight turns inot car parks etc. I love them much more than what I thought
Xenons dont like being flicked on & off, thats why they are not used as high beams on there own, but you can have a shutter that changes the way the light works, giving a high beam spead. Its like goinf from lh drive to rh drive countries, the shutter just moves to the other side.
Old 12-22-2012, 04:59 AM
Joseph O'Reilly
Instructor

Originally Posted by blazing928
Well , we have the blacked out xenons on our but the corner lights that come on at low speed are also brilliant, they light up tight turns inot car parks etc. I love them much more than what I thought
thanks. is this corner light effect part of the "PDLS Plus" option, which is described as cornering lights that come on at intersections, advised by the GPS, as well as a camera in the windshield that switches the high beams on and off due to oncoming vehicles? i was wondering how useful this cornering light function would be, and left it off my order so far, but i have a couple weeks to change it...
Old 12-23-2012, 05:17 AM
blazing928
Rennlist Member

The corner lights are in my case part of the PDLS option. In Oz I doubt the "plus" option would work, but I dont know, in fact the "plus" option wasnt available any way when we ordered.
The corner lights come on when you probly turn more than a turn, so turning into drive, underground car parks etc. I don't notice it when turning into a street, maybe its speed related, maybe i could RTM !!
Again I love the xenons for their output, a definite safety option on a country drive.

Old 12-23-2012, 10:10 AM
RESP
Burning Brakes

Up here in the Great White North, I have really enjoyed the extra visibility with the PDLS & Xenons.
When you have oncoming traffic and are off high beams, you get a much better view of the road in front of you.
Just ask that moose I missed in Saskatchewan

The cornering system works quite well, especially in the rural areas.
I have turned into many a driveway off a range road and been able to see the obstacles (ditches, short gate posts, mailboxes, etc).

Quick Reply: Why can't I order blacked out Xenons???