2013: Stereo w/o Nav question

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2012, 12:39 PM
gnat
Nordschleife Master

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by grohgreg
No, and I can attest to this because I just bought a 2013:
I'm just looking at what their website says the packages cost in their Build app. For the base Cayenne and Diesel the Convenience Package is $5,640, for the S and Hybrid it is $4,540, and it's not available on the GTS or Turbo.

My dealer often complains about things being different on the website than the information they have, so the website could be wrong, you could have gotten a good deal, or they could be changing the prices.

Nevertheless, it's a bit difficult to accept that geographic differences would explain the four thousand dollar discrepancy between the PCM price (somewhere) and the Convenience package price listed for American sales.
I haven't looked into Porsche, but BMW's prices vary pretty wildly around the world with the US coming in at the cheap end. Even in Germany where they are built (sans the Xs and Z4) it's more expensive converted to USD than we pay and at least about 2 years ago the Aussies were paying almost twice what we do. BMW is an extreme example, but there is some degree of price variation between regions.
Attached Images  
Old 07-30-2012, 04:06 PM
Tex94
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by EnigmaWmn
Need for all 958 owners to chime in. Am I the only one who thinks that NAV is pretty damn great?! Just an FYI, almost 41k on mine and NAV gets used pretty frequently.
+1. Works perfectly and better than my TomTom or the iDrive nav in the BMW
Old 07-30-2012, 04:57 PM
slwong23
Rennlist Member

Received 411 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by EnigmaWmn
Need for all 958 owners to chime in. Am I the only one who thinks that NAV is pretty damn great?! Just an FYI, almost 41k on mine and NAV gets used pretty frequently.
+2. I was pleasantly surprised by the Porsche NAV after not liking it in 2 different 08 Lexus vehicles.

Quick Reply: 2013: Stereo w/o Nav question