9PA (Cayenne) Documentation/Manuals in PDF Formats

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2003, 07:47 PM
Toby Pennycuff
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 146 Likes on 97 Posts
Post 9PA (Cayenne) Documentation/Manuals in PDF Formats

For those of you interested, I stumbled across this site yesterday.

<a href="http://techinfo.porsche.com" target="_blank">http://techinfo.porsche.com</a>

If you "Document Search" off of the main page graphic, you are directed to a site where you can search for various kinds of documents. Click on "Vehicle Search" and you are asked a series of questions about Model, Model Year and Main Group. The group drop-down includes things like General, Engine, Engine/Fuel, etc..... Select the group you want to review, allow the page to refresh and then click on Review Selections. You should get a page that has a list of documents you can download. The General category has the following documents:

Cayenne (9PA) Workshop Manual - General
Cayenne (9PA) Diagnosis
Cayenne (9PA) On Board Diagnostic Manual (OBD II)
DME 7.8 Diagnosis Manual
Tiptronic Diagnosis Manual

NOW FOR THE BAD NEWS....... Porsche/PCNA wants $110 PER DOCUMENT! Or, you can shell out $5,200 one-time and download everything you can swallow for one year.

You can download the table of contents for these documents to see what you are getting. As best as I can tell, this is an electronic version of the factory service manuals. Too bad that the pricing is so out of whack. And no one at my dealer knew anything about this site.

Has anyone else had any experience with this site at all?

Toby
Old 04-14-2003, 08:03 PM
Toby Pennycuff
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 146 Likes on 97 Posts
Here is the table of contents for the General Workshop Manual.

<a href="http://pws.prserv.net/tobyp/Cayenne/cayenne-9pa-general.pdf" target="_blank">http://pws.prserv.net/tobyp/Cayenne/cayenne-9pa-general.pdf</a>

From what I can see, there is an awful lot of good info here. Now, if we can get the price to be a more reasonable number.......
Old 12-02-2003, 05:20 AM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't know why in this day and age why they don't just publish them all on a website, it cannot be profitable to sell these items.

I say charge an annual subscription and publish the damn things. Also DME should now be V 8, see what I mean.

My 0.02c
Old 12-03-2003, 05:52 AM
Adrian
Addict
Lead Rennlist
Technical Advisor
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Porsche are only doing this to comply with US regulations on the matter. US law says the data has to be available. There is no law on making it difficult if you know what I mean.
I have always disagreed with the Porsche policy on this subject and believe that at least owners should have some form of low cost or free access to the technical information for their vehicle.
I might remind you that if you do purchase these documents you also have to sign an agreement that you will not do what you are saying you are wanting to do. I would have thought such discussions would have been better held offline if you know what I mean. If pirate cd-roms start appearing in public I am PCNA/PAG will act quickly. I know you are only really joking and would never do such things. Right? Wink wink, nudge nudge, know what I mean!
Ciao,
Adrian
964C4
Old 02-10-2007, 10:38 PM
pepepaco4114
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parts Catalogue for free

You can download the parts catalogue for all porsche models for free from this website
Old 02-11-2007, 07:09 AM
seedvila
Instructor

Porsche doesn't want anyone to fix their own vehicle. Instead, they prefer you bring it in to the dealership so the fault memory can be reset over and over until the warranty runs out.
Old 02-12-2007, 01:55 PM
Midnight Blue
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by pepepaco4114
You can download the parts catalogue for all porsche models for free from this website
How? I couldn't find any parts catalogs on the site or any document available at no charge.
Old 02-19-2012, 12:26 PM
Nhirsch
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

The above links don't work for me. Maybe replaced?/removed? Is there a current site where one can get access to service manuals for a 2012 Porsche Cayenne Turbo?
Old 02-19-2012, 01:28 PM
911SLOW
Admin
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 126 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by Nhirsch
The above links don't work for me. Maybe replaced?/removed? Is there a current site where one can get access to service manuals for a 2012 Porsche Cayenne Turbo?
here
Old 01-29-2014, 12:07 PM
RacerX5
Intermediate

I have Bentley manuals for my BMWs, it's really a shame there is nothing of this quality for the Cayenne.
Old 01-29-2014, 12:17 PM
phL
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

x5 you got PM
Old 01-29-2014, 02:38 PM
phL
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

the shop manuals are $12 off ebay. 97MB pdf.

if you can't use google you don't deserve it

PM me if you need "more info"... i might be able to hook you up with somebody who shares them for a prayer or a cup of good karma.

Quick Reply: 9PA (Cayenne) Documentation/Manuals in PDF Formats