Sponsored by:

Purchase/Lease Pricing for Cayenne?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2003, 11:38 AM
Rick
Addict
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Post Purchase/Lease Pricing for Cayenne?

I've given a bit of thought towards looking at a Cayenne (would get rid of my 740iL to get something that is better in the snow) - I was curious what kind of actual purchase pricing and lease prices people are seeing for the Cayenne.
I only need a car to drive on rainy days & in the winter so leaning towards the lease - was curious how the lease figures compared to other similar vehicles.
Thanks.
Old 03-27-2003, 08:58 PM
Cay-ute
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rick, two weeks ago, Porsche Financial was quoting 48 month lease at a little over 8% and I believe a 49-51% residual for the S slightly higher for the TT. Financing was a 5.9% 60 mos. Although others have described less than MSRP for the Cayenne, Denver dealers are getting MSRP and no markups or goffy equipment add ons.

Hope that helps!!
Old 03-27-2003, 10:55 PM
Stirs
Instructor

Just picked up an "S" today. Sticker was $65K and change and I paid $60K. Financed part at 4.5% over 60 months.
Old 03-28-2003, 02:27 AM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Check for rebates. Presently Porsche offers 4.7% financing:
<a href="http://www.intellichoice.com/lease/rebates.cfm/make/Porsche" target="_blank">http://www.intellichoice.com/lease/rebates.cfm/make/Porsche</a>
These ideas of residuals could turn horribly unpleasant ... I think leasing is best kept to BMW 5 Series. Money is so very cheap in the US over the last year or two that just about any arrangement is less expensive than a lease. If you're contemplating a car in the $60K luxury bracket, have a CFP plot the best arrangement for you -- sales tax, income tax, depreciation and cash flow combined with differing insurance premiums and potential penalties for over-mileage all come into the equation. If you have a home and a mortgage, my first guess would be that equity in your home is your cheapest source of funds (assuming you have zero recycling debt like overdue credit cards) and so a car loan or car lease would be disproportionately more expensive than using equity in a home loan at 5% deductible. Unless of course you have a business an LLC that can hold the car, but then you wouldn't be asking the question.
The easiest way to really save on a Cayenne -- wait three months until the dealers have factory incentives to move inventory to keep their quarterly numbers up. Just look at the factory pushing Boxsters and C4 Cabriolets off the lots (makes you expect a wide-body C4S Cabriolet for Summer, no?)

Cheers,
Old 03-28-2003, 05:31 AM
MetalSolid
Addict
Rennlist Member

Traditionally Porsches haven't been used as primary transport, so low mileage has helped increase resale values. It's going to be interesting seeing lots of high mileage Cayennes appearing on the used car market in a couple of years, especially with a facelift coming soon. If you're buying, expect to get burnt come resale time. Leasing short term is the better option.

Not buying at all would be my advice.
Old 03-28-2003, 02:40 PM
Kevin M.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
MetalSolid, please back up your false information about a facelift, I assumed you read that in a magazine, Enquiring minds want to know...
Old 03-28-2003, 04:07 PM
MetalSolid
Addict
Rennlist Member

Go out and buy a copy of CAR magazine, there you'll find a comparison test that includes the Cayenne, with the statement "Enough has already been written about the Cayenne's bulbous design. Suffice it to say that Porsche is already working on a facelift -- and a bum-lift -- for '04."
Old 03-28-2003, 04:33 PM
Kevin M.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Yea I read that, did I belive it is the question? Do you really think they would give it a facelift after 1 year.. Besides 04's are coming out in May, and there is no change.... I read there is ocean front property that just opened up in Utah.. Want some?
Old 03-28-2003, 05:44 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Ocean front property in Utah?! That's preposterous! Now, "ocean view" ... that could happen, right?
Old 03-28-2003, 06:02 PM
MetalSolid
Addict
Rennlist Member

Well, if you choose not to believe maybe Porsche has a '03 Cayenne they can sell you, along with that Utah beach front property you're trying to unload.

Based on public opinion of the Cayenne's styling, yes, I believe they will give it a facelift soon - because Porsche is all about the profit.
Old 03-28-2003, 06:14 PM
Kevin M.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Sorry Already ordered a 04 TT (no facelift).

Maybe I should buy a 03 Cayenne, heck according to you it may be a collectors item Also you need to check some archives, you'll notice that majority of the response is "Oh it looks better in person than on my 17" Monitor" and gosh it handles better than my X5!
Old 03-28-2003, 06:48 PM
MetalSolid
Addict
Rennlist Member

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Originally posted by Kevin M.:
<strong>Also you need to check some archives, you'll notice that majority of the response is "Oh it looks better in person than on my 17" Monitor" </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Checked 'em; just not seeing it. What you're witnessing must be an anomaly localized to the Cayenne forum...
Old 03-29-2003, 04:04 AM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Originally posted by Kevin M.:
<strong>Sorry Already ordered a 04 TT (no facelift).

Maybe I should buy a 03 Cayenne, heck according to you it may be a collectors item Also you need to check some archives, you'll notice that majority of the response is "Oh it looks better in person than on my 17" Monitor" and gosh it handles better than my X5!</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">You know, the Audi TT is not such a great car. You should consider getting a nice Porsche.
Old 03-29-2003, 05:22 AM
MetalSolid
Addict
Rennlist Member

I think he's referring to a Cayenne TT (pre-facelift)...

I seem to recall the 996 also getting a facelift because of public opinion, now look at the resale values of those puppies.

Quick Reply: Purchase/Lease Pricing for Cayenne?