Sponsored by:

Let the flames begin...

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2003, 12:46 PM
Cupcar
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 67 Posts
Carrera GT-

Congratulations on taking delivery of a '92 Cup!
Old 04-30-2003, 12:08 AM
Control It
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jim,

I liked the fit and finish better on the M3 than the Cayenne without factoring price...

But to each his own.

I agree when you select the gears manually, it is not a problem with the 'lag' that I experienced.

I did not mention that I had a problem with the overall ride quality as well...also reminded me of the dreaded M3...too harsh!

I am spoiled.. I have a Land Cruiser (with sports shocks)but still the ride I felt was annoying over the bad roads out here.

I am a Porsche fan..bigtime...I want to like the Cayenne but I just don;t..

I am glad that many others are happy with it..There is a lot to like but when it is a Porsche, the expectations are high..

Personally I would take a Grand Cherokee over the Cayenne not to mention a...dare I say? an FX 45! YIKES>..

sorry all...
Old 05-01-2003, 04:01 AM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Originally posted by Cupcar:
<strong>Carrera GT-

Congratulations on taking delivery of a '92 Cup!</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Eh?
Old 05-01-2003, 04:07 AM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Originally posted by caneaddict:
<strong>CarreraGT
I couldn't resist, you wrote:

Regardless of "911 people" whom (more correctly) may despise anything they choose to despise, I wonder what it is you can have instead of your Civic?

The use of whom is actually incorrect in that sentence; you should have used who.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">If you say so.
I regretted that post as soon as I bothered to send it -- I think that whole sentence was a grammatical train wreck.
Old 12-18-2009, 03:44 PM
cordsig79
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Panamera Prediction back in 03, wow good call?!!

Originally Posted by Carrera GT

Better styling? Hell, anyone can visualise the 996 Turbo headlights on that nose and the Cayenne S getting the Cayenne Turbo grill and the Cayenne Turbo getting the 996 Turbo headlights, making room for a V6 (borrowed from VW or Audi) Cayenne base model. Then take the Cayenne (basically a lifted four door sports sedan) and drop it down to be a real four door, all wheel drive, V8 sports sedan (just as BMW, with the class-defining 5 Series, releases it in the same awful body work as the new "look away lest it burn the eyes from your head" ugly 7 Series) and so it's becoming possible that Porsche will have that often-rumoured sports sedan. Then we'll see the next iteration of the 911. My guess for the 911 is a "wet" 3.8 engine pumping 400hp normally aspirated and as much as 525hp or 550hp in Turbo trim -- still leaving "head room" for the Carrera GT at 610.

Then again, maybe part of the Porsche purist in me is living in the past, after all, no matter how the Cayenne performs, it is by definition a "true Porsche." I don't expect I'll ever buy another new 911 (my last will be one or more of the '73 911S, the '98 C2S or the '97 Turbo and I'm in the process of picking up a '92 Cup car) but I fully expect to buy the Cayenne and I've owned the Boxster -- doesn't that suggest that Porsche can "live in the past" with people like me and still run a profitable business.

In the ominous words of Fred Schwab before he left Porsche Cars North America, the Cayenne is the vehicle that will generate the revenues Porsche will need "to remain independent." Is anything more important?
Sorry just reading old threads.......its seems he predicted the panamera, unless it was common knowledge then as well as future Porsche issues with financing!!!

Quick Reply: Let the flames begin...